[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the easiest way to break in a dpad? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: d-pad[1].jpg (23 KB, 450x438) Image search: [Google]
d-pad[1].jpg
23 KB, 450x438
What's the easiest way to break in a dpad? I was thinking about getting a new DS3 to use with emulators but fresh dpads are the worst.
>>
>break in a dpad
>ds3
Getting real tired of these bait threads.
>>
>>3325058
>new DS3

Don't. Get a DS2 or DS1 at worst (DS1 has got better sticks but a more painful dpad). Sixaxis and early DS3s are also okay, but new DS3s are a no no.
>>
Here is a fuckin ZANY idea op, why not play some games?
Just play some games
Play the fucking game
>>
>>3325063
This guy knows his shit.

I have had multiple DS3 models. The CECHZC2x, the CECHZC2x A1, and the CECHZC2x A2. The original and the A1 were fine. The A2? Pure shit. Buttons and D-Pad were extremely stiff and didn't go far in, and even after "breaking in" they're still not as clicky as the other two. The biggest issue however, is the construction of the Analog sticks. First of all, they simply don't feel as nice as the others, with weaker centerizers. There's a much bigger issue though.

When you pull the analog sticks up (as in out of the socket) they don't "pop" up and down like any normal controller. Instead they crudely move up, and when popping them back down again the analog stick becomes permanently fucked. Basically after doing this seemingly harmless act, the analog stick will "click" when moving it downwards (as in downwards on the directions) rather than smoothly moving in the down direction. It's really hard to explain, but it's kind of like after moving it 50% downwards, it will suddenly click down to 100%. Either way, the construction of the analog sticks is really cheap.
>>
>>3325167

Pretty much this.
>>
>>3325058
dpads are worn out, not broken in
>>
File: ds4.jpg (48 KB, 1280x815) Image search: [Google]
ds4.jpg
48 KB, 1280x815
The DS4 is amazing. DS4 Windows is a sweet program. No need for xpadder bullshit. You can even change the color of the light bar.
>>
Get a controller with a good dpad?
>>
>>3325058
Why not just buy a used controller?
>>
>>3325167
Can you believe the people here actually need to be told this?
>>
>>3325513
Of course.
I'd imagine 90% of people on here spend more time shitposting than they do actually playing games.
>>
>>3325059
never purchased a brand new DS1/2/3 controller before,anon?

poor or too young to remember?

OP shows it will, they're textured funny, feel cheap, and are slippery. U have to polish it down with your thumb first before it becomes GOAT.

my best offer to OP, play street fighter and just play zangeif like 80 times.
>>
>>3325346
DS4 feels like shit. You can tell they cut costs, probably to afford that touchpad that nobody wanted.
>>
>>3325768
Wrong.
>>
>>3325768
Are there any games that use the touchpad? I don't own a PS4 so I'm curious.
>>
>>3325558
After awhile I think that becomes the case with many board posters: they like the idea of the thing more than they enjoy the thing itself.
>>
File: captcha_maymay.png (39 KB, 197x114) Image search: [Google]
captcha_maymay.png
39 KB, 197x114
>>3325860
(captcha was amusingly related)
>>
>>3325854
A handful of games have it tacked onto a arbitrary gimmick, just like the gyroscope on the PS3.
>>
>>3325674
That's not true at all.
>>
>>3325854
Most of the games I played just use it as another button. It's kind of click on the left and right sides.
>>
>>3325854
Yes and it always feels like shit. Usually it's just another button to open a map, or for some stupid QTE. I have never seen any creative or enjoyable use of the touchpad.
>>
>>3325167
>>3325513
>>3325558
>>3325860
>gives retarded non-advice
>sucks each other's dicks about it

cringed hard
>>
>>3325346
DS4 would be GOAT if it wasn't built for tiny Japanese hands and fingers.
>>
>>3327308
You may be right. I literally play violin and think DS4 is the best controller I've ever tried :^)
>>
OP here. This guy >>3325674 knows what he's talking about. I've used arcade sticks for fighters for years now but trying to play fighters on a fresh dpad is horrible. Have you people never really used a worn-down DS1 or DS2 dpad?
>>
Get it second hand and test it on store. It worked for me, my DS3 works wonders
>>
>>3325063
>>3325228
Funny, its the opposite for me. My buttons for my CECHZC2x A2 are not stiff. I thought they fixed the issue with the new DS3s (A2).

The dpad for my DS2 SCPH 10010 is very stiff and sometimes the right directional does not work properly making taping twice hard in fighting games. Its very painful to do dp motion on the it while the DS3 A2 doesn't.
>>
>>3325058
>DS3
>fresh dpads are the worst
The dpads on those are rubbish. You can't break them in. Get a saturn pad.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.