[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone own a chink SNES EverDrive? I'm a Canadacuck and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: butts.jpg (166 KB, 1286x662) Image search: [Google]
butts.jpg
166 KB, 1286x662
Anyone own a chink SNES EverDrive?

I'm a Canadacuck and it would cost me twice as many syrup tokens to buy the real thing after exchange and shipping.

Does anyone know if the China Version has the DSP1 chip in it?
>>
Collectorcuck here.
For me its like
>might as well emulate
at that point.
but I collect for super famicom / sega genesis / gameboy so it's like the absolute most i'm paying for a game is 20 bucks. for some goodshit too.

i'd say just go for it
>>
>>3324696
>For me its like
>>might as well emulate
The whole point is that it's not emulation.
>>
OP I ordered one from AliExpress after hearing all the good things about them here and Ali cancelled my shit and demanded I photocopy several forms of ID. Apparently that is something that randomly happens when you use the site, so be aware that it is a possibility. I know that the official Ukrainian edition is many more Syrupstani tokens, but if they cancel you, you could also try eBay, although the knockoffs are more expensive there.

As for the DSP chip, it won't be in the Chinese clone, and from what I've read I don't think you can install it later either.

>>3324696
The difference between flashcarts and emulation is that a flashcart enables the playing of the original game on original hardware, whereas emulation will always be an emulated version of that game on different hardware. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to old school gaming.
>>
>>3324673
I have this. It fucking rules. Just get it.
>>
>>3324696
still youre just paying $10~$20 for pieces of plastic, wasting space on your house, for the price of 4 games you can have 90? % of all snes games
>>
>>3324673
They are cheaper on AliExpress tho.

Why you need DSP-1 for?
>>
>>3325262
He needs it to play games dingus.
>>
>>3324673
Glad these chinese clones exist. Fuck krikzz, just don't update the firmware with anything he puts out because he deliberately bricks clone carts.
>>
>>3325262
That is from Aliexpress, cheapest one I could find.

Keep in mind that's Canadian dollars, it's a little over $45 USD.

Anyway, I ended up ordering it.
>>
>>3326067
>Fuck krikzz, just don't update the firmware with anything he puts out because he deliberately bricks clone carts.
Yeah, how fucking DARE he not provide working firmware for someone else's clones of his products! What an asshole move!
>>
>>3327573
You're retarded as fuck. You don't understand the difference between intentionally bricking a device and just not working with it. It's funny because when gateway was accused of doing this a while back there was rightfully outrage. When krikzz does it you lick his ass. I really appreciate what krikzz has done with cloning old Chinese copiers and adding SD. But damn. His ass licking fan base really disgusts me.
>>
Are the chinky N64 carts as bad as people here would have you believe, or are they just butthurt with regret for paying twice their price to Ukrainians?
>>
>>3327819
Try not to blow a gasket there sport.
>>
>>3325262
I guess Mario Kart and Pilotwings???

Those are the only two DSP1 games that are worth a fuck.

I have a real Everdrive and love it btw. About 98% of the library is supported.
>>
>>3327819
How dare he protect the time and effort he put into developing an Everdrive for nearly every console. I'm guessing you're under 18 years of age and are violating the policies of this cambodian rug weaving website.
>>
>>3327819
baka i agree with this guy
people still call gateway brickway
>>
>>3327819
And who's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use someone elses firmware on your hardware? Nobody. If you brick your own shit by using firmware that wasn't designed for it, it's your own fault for being fucking retarded.

Also, don't try and twist things around. Gateway got outrage because their code was searching for any OTHER flashcarts plugged into the system and bricking if it detected any non-gateway flashcarts. That is nowhere near this situation. And if you can't tell the difference, you ARE retarded.

>cloned chinese copiers
Oh, it's you. I forget, are you the 3rd world guy who's angry about being poor, or the guy who didn't do his research and got butthurt about the N8 not being able to handle other MMC5 games besides Castlevania 3?

Awaiting your next post where you scream about shills.
>>
>>3324887
That is not a thing that randomly happens, are you on a watchlist?
>>
>>3329145
The N8 plays lots of other MMC5 games, where have you been? Also please leave.
>>
>>3328637
>I can't into reading comprehension
>I'm young and project

>>3329145
I'm not twisting anything sport. Just looks like you don't understand the situation. Krikzz is doing exactly the same thing Gateway was accused of. Intentionally breaking kids toys because they bought from someone who sells fakes is not cool.

>Oh, it's you
Not even close kiddo. I'm one of the guys who sold kirikzz a v64 so he could reverse engineer it to make the ED64. Like I said, love what he's done with it. Fucking hate the fanbois though.
>>
>>3329171
http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/801104666/My_orders_keep_getting_canceled_as_if_aliexpress_thinks_they_are_frauds.htm

From what I've seen it's a fairly common complaint.
>>
>>3330538
Weird, I've placed a ton of orders now and never had any issues. After reading your post it looks like your bank is flagging it, and companies don't take kindly to charge-backs.
>>
looking to get one of these, but i need to know what kind of sd card to buy. Is there any type of regular SD card that wouldnt work in this thing? about how big is the snes library (i dont plan on putting every game in but i would like to have the option, and need an SD big enough)?
>>
>>3329728
The fact you can't tell the difference from bricking someone else's hardware for trying to profit off of your own firmware, and providing firmware that searches for competitor's products and bricks them, tells me you are either an idiot or a troll.

>I'm one of the guys who sold kirikzz a v64 so he could reverse engineer it to make the ED64.
Alright, the "he just reverse engineered cart copiers!" argument! Now I got the full BINGO! "Krikzz's ED's are overpriced!" Check. "He made the firmware brick carts!" Check. "It's just an overpriced version of cart copiers!" Check. "Everyone who disagrees with me is a shill/fanboy!" Check. You would be far more entertaining if you weren't pushing the same BS I hear from the other angry autists. By the way, using the "lol, u fail at reading comprehension" line in the same post you throw out "sport" and "kiddo" in an attempt to appear like you aren't underage ban? You might as well just post "I HAVE NO ARGUMENT!", it would be about as effective.

>>3329172
Hey, that's what the guy was saying. Just Breed didn't work, so apparently no other MMC5 games besides CV3 worked.
>>
>>3332124
You really are clueless. I guess that's what that fanboi cult does to a persons brain.

>all that shit I never said and underage projecting
You're starting to embarrass yourself what that rabid fanboism slugger. Time to listen to the kitty and stop posting.
>>
>>3324673

I just bought a Super Everdrive v2 for 89€ and because of that, i decided to sell some of my SNES to make up for that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.