[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Impossible fucking bullshit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: rogue.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rogue.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
Finally got the Amulet of Yendor after sneaking by tons of dragons, jabberwocks, vampires, and griffins with a stealth ring. Medusa shows up on your way out, fucks with your controls, and pummels the shit out of you. The end.
>>
>>3323931
I like roguelikes but Rogue seems really, really not worth the torment
>>
>>3323939
Pretty much. It's interesting to see the birth of the genre, it was the first game I ever really got obsessed with. But there's honestly little reason to play it today. The difficulty is set extremely high, but you as the player are still quite limited in your choices and strategies compared to successive roguelikes. The result is that it's just kind of tedious and not exciting to play.
>>
>>3323931
>Medusa shows up on your way out, fucks with your controls, and pummels the shit out of you. The end.
I see someone hasn't read the errata.
Sounds like you forgot to put wear tin, copper, gold, silver, aluminium rings on each of your left hand fingers, then put down 52mg of salt distilled from the saliva of a chicken and a kobold kissing, then have your dog walk around it and bark three times at it then urinate on it. Then cut both your ankles on the inside and rub the blood on the rings on your left hand alternating left and right ankle blood starting from the right ankle blood on the thumb and then pressing your hand palm open in the blessed salt of dog mixture and then writing your name upside down and backwards on your left elbow using that hand.
Then all snake-kin will flee at least 2.5 levels above and below you. They will also shed their skin which if you collect for five levels continuously you can spin onto a ruby spool once sacrificed to mezukul and weave and the mighty snaken whip sword. If the the fifth shedding is from medusa herself it will be granted the power to slow enemies and every semi-fortnight on a bloodmoon when the relative humidity is above 65% and you bathe the sword in red haze it will grant obsidian petrification to anything it touches. If you petrify a dragon's egg with it, then waiting out the remaining turns until petrification wears off you can slice it with the snake sword, you have a base 7% chance of cleaving it in half cleanly, if there are no chips you can place that cleaven egg at the base of the stairs on the 19th floor leading downward and rotate clockwise five times and counterclockwise six then slide it down the stairs the stairs will transform and teleport you to the 23rd floor.
EZPZ - This is basic shit you learn first month in.
p.s. fuck roguelikes.
>>
>>3324392
Thanks for sharing, guy who had never played Rogue.
>>
File: willis.jpg (157 KB, 1600x912) Image search: [Google]
willis.jpg
157 KB, 1600x912
>>3324392
So much salt!
>>
>>3324405
So meme, wow! Much reddit.

Go back.
>>
>>3324421
But seriously Rogue is a relatively straightforward game. Also, you should git gud at Nethack.

Also, link to play Rogue online: http://donnierussellii.github.io/JSRogue.html
>>
I prefer it over most roguelikes I play. It's so simple. You just start the game and explore the dungeon. I don't want to choose between 20 races and 40 classes and worry about shit tons of skills when my character is going to die permanently.

I like Brogue though.
>>
>>3324421
I've literally never posted on reddit. But it's funny that you're confusing Rogue with games like Ivan and then getting upset about it.
>>
File: powmaxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
powmaxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>3324430
You should try Powder. It's fairly streamlined but still very interesting and challenging. It also has a really fun class/god system which you can change each level.
>>
>>3324392
NetHack != Rogue, go try for upvotes somewhere else..
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.