[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Representations of Mesopotamian religion in retro games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 189927-gilgamesh.gif (8 KB, 164x194) Image search: [Google]
189927-gilgamesh.gif
8 KB, 164x194
is there literally any other than this fucker and probably some shit from the SMT series

way better than that gay ass greek shit and the all but eradicated celtic mythos (holy shit thanks for recording your history in songs and indecipherable runes you assholes)
>>
>>3323498
Because the Rothschilds are the reincarnations of the Mesopotamian gods.
>>
The Babylonian Castle Saga
>>
>>3323527
aren't they members of that butt fucking cult where everyone tries to butt fuck their way to the top of the pyramid to become closer to divinity or something?

Like they literally have organized man hunts for the sport of murder and then have a pagan blood party before butt fucking each other using the blood of peasants as lube
>>
All the main antagonists in that Sailor Moon RPG on SNES are inspired by Mesopotamian lore.

Also, http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mesopotamian_Mythology
as well as pretty much everything about the Exile series.

Also Defenders of Oasis.
>>
>>3324353
>http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mesopotamian_Mythology
I like that you shared this even though it was mentioned in the OP

do you feel proud of yourself?
>>
File: ffl26-HS_5_58.png (3 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
ffl26-HS_5_58.png
3 KB, 320x288
It could be argued that SaGa 1 fits.
>>
I briefly worked on an Epic of Gilgamesh beat-em-up, but it never went anywhere

I read that book on a whim a couple years ago and it was so interesting, I don't know why it hasn't been adapted into more movies / games.
>>
>>3324395
>I don't know why it hasn't been adapted into more movies

Probably fear of Christian butthurt when they realize their religion isn't as original as they thought it was.
>>
>>3324409
At least it's perversity is certainly original.
>>
File: NC92003back.jpg (44 KB, 346x300) Image search: [Google]
NC92003back.jpg
44 KB, 346x300
>>3323752
In case OP doesn't know what this is, it's
Tower of Druaga (PC Engine remake is the best)
Quest of Ki (lol)
Return of Ishtar
Blue Crystal Rod (untranslated)

and a roguelike dungeon crawler made on the PS2 called Nightmare of Druaga. Never played that one, so I don't know if it's any good (is it?).

Though all of the stuff is pretty light on mythology outside of some names and motifs.
>>
>>3324412
Not really.
>>
>>3324374
I like how the post gave three more sources (four if you count SMT) than you did.
Do you feel proud of yourself?
>>
>>3324504
pride is for chumps anon. that's really my entire point. what he said was unnecessary, I really don't care how helpful he was being, he was doing shit that wasn't needed out of trivial motivations.
>>
>>3324613
Not him, but OP does just say "probably some shit from the SMT series" which indicates he assumed there were references in the series somewhere but doesn't personally know about them. All he did was post a link to a breakdown of it, which you're being kind of a disproportionate dick about.
>>
>>3324613
Shitposting is for chumps, Anon. That's really my entire point. What you're posting is unhelpful and isn't adding anything to the thread. That's called 'shitposting.'
I really don't care how bored you are. You're doing shit that's disruptive out of trivial motivations.
Be constructive or don't post.
>>
>>3323498
I think you overestimate its popularity.
>>
File: Adventure_Construction_Set.png (18 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Construction_Set.png
18 KB, 320x256
ACS comes with a bundled adventures "Rivers of Light" that's based on that mythos.

You could also try SSI's FRUA, since a lot (all?) AD&D modules were converted to that engine, and some of those modules are heavily inspired by the mythos.
http://frua.rosedragon.org/
>>
>>3324635
>>3325164
fetching a link on google from a shitwiki is not helping.
>>
>>3326938
popularity is irrelevant to either truth or taste
>>
>>3329457
>being this belligerent about your right to be an unhelpful prick
Because posting a link completely invalidates the three other points mentioned, right? And posting a link is somehow worse than being a completely unlikeable fucktard, yeah?
>>
>>3329790
Who would care if useless retards didn't like them? If anything it's just a confirmation that your own views are likely correct.
>>
>>3323498
Honestly does FF Gilgamesh even count? Other than the name he has literally not even the vaguest resemblance to the mythical Gilgamesh.

But then I guess neither do any other FF things named after things from mythology.
>>
>>3329836
well he is a seemingly immortal greedy megalomaniac
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.