[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NO DONKEYS SQUAWKS ONLY FINAL BRAMBLNATION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: DK_Country_2.jpg (143 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
DK_Country_2.jpg
143 KB, 400x291
NO DONKEYS
SQUAWKS ONLY
FINAL BRAMBLNATION
>>
>>3323496
Rattly best snek
Rattly best animal buddy
>>
Red baloonie for a 1up
>>
File: squirter.jpg (37 KB, 576x334) Image search: [Google]
squirter.jpg
37 KB, 576x334
>>3323519
nah
>>
>>3324101
GOAT power-up/buddy/anything in a game.
>>
DKC2 > DKC > DKC3 just sayin'
>>
File: latest[3].png (216 KB, 501x420) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].png
216 KB, 501x420
>>3323519
>>3324101
>>3324228
All five animal buddies in DKC2 are GOAT.

1 and 3 had stupid shit like that ostrich and pic related.

Seriously, what was the thought process of replacing the beloved Rambi with this abomination?
>>
>>3324354
DKC3 treated the animal buddies less like powerups meant to assist you in levels and more like level specific gimmicks that imposed new challenges on the player.
>>
>>3324610
Same thing on DKC2. Only the first game treated them entirely as power ups.

>>3324354
I loved Expresso's (the ostrich) bonus, though. Probably the best of the four animal buddies' bonuses.

Also, there isn't much to complain about him since he is only used about twice on the levels themselves and he was useful to "skip" the snow level for those who got there with few lives remaining (a game over at that point would send you back to the first level of the world).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.