[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides apparently butchering the the Ultima lore, was the gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Besides apparently butchering the the Ultima lore, was the gameplay at least alright?
>>
Meh, the best thing about Ultima IX is the fact that without it we wouldn't had Gothic
>>
Didn't the first few Ultima feature spaceship battles? I doubt lore was high on he priority.
>>
The gameplay is good. It's similar to the Underworld series but more polished.

>>3323291
The games from 5 onward tried to include some continuity but took liberties in regard to the predecessors to fit them better into the story.
The big problem with 9 is that the story is lame.
>>
>>3323264
I liked the dungeons and gameplay pretty well and the world seemed very large.

Worst part was the performance was pretty terrible, if you walk into the wrong house in moonglow you drop to .25 fps and can't get out. That was on.... a k6-2 500 with a tnt2 and 256 meg of ram I think? I forget what rig I had at the time. I think i was mid spec for the game, but I didn't have a 3dfx card so the rendering engine was shit.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.