[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playstation Music Player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: PS1CDplayer.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
PS1CDplayer.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Is there an emulator or rom to get the playstation CD player thing on my PC? Id love to have some weird 90's animation thing while I play music. The Playstation one had great options too, looked all funky and surreal and shit. This thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZS3bsCZ-a4
>>
>>3323164
Dunno m8 the cd-player is part of the BIOS. So my only advice is to look for a emu that can boot to BIOS.
>>
>>3323164
Epsxe or whatever has it I've never used it though
>>
>>3323164
My music player knowledge is pretty limited, but I think Winamp is what you'd be looking for. It's got a pretty sick visualizer (I think it's called like that) named MilkDrop.

An in-topic answer would be downloading the SCPH-750x BIOS (make sure not to get an inferior version; x can be 0, 1, 2, 3) and just boot the BIOS in your favorite emulator, then you might proceed in getting to the CD player (don't ask me if Red Books will work on most emulators, haven't tried, no reason they shouldn't doe.)

Since this is a pretty trivial matter I would suggest getting no$psx, it's fairly easy to configure if it needs any configuration from your side (apart from the mandatory renaming of the BIOS ROM into "PSX-BIOS.ROM", then going into Options -> Emulation Setup -> Files -> Default MIPS Bios = File "PSX-BIOS.ROM (if any)").

It's supposed to emulate the PS1 not caring about which type of CD or disk image you feed it (most PS1 emulators will stop non-game CDs from running, unless you enable "slow boot" I think) so you'll run into the less trouble possible. The downside is that it runs on the fixed resolution of the original PS1. To use an actual CD drive, you'll need WnASPI32.dll inside the directory. Disable "Autostart CDROM" so that you can boot straight into BIOS by pressing F9 if anything goes wrong, and only then click on "CDROM".

If I may suggest another of those visualizers, get one of the early PAL DEMO 1s (PBPX 95001 is what I have), it's got real a trippy fully 3D visualizer you may be fond of. That is all I have to say. Hope it'll be enough
>>
>>3323218
Oh, and I think you can get into the visualizer by pressing Select, and then you can use the directional pad to control the speed/color of the effects.
>>
>>3323164
If you want the real deal download Baby Universe for ps1 and use an emulator. It's an expanded media player that has all the visualizations the original had, more options for them, some new ones, and a customizable kaleidescope.

In the emulator, disc swap to an iso of a music CD and see if that works.
>>
neat
>>
>>3323164
Just boot up any psx emulator with an audio cd.
>>
File: Saturn_bios_shot2.jpg (224 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Saturn_bios_shot2.jpg
224 KB, 768x576
Saturn music player master race reporting in

playstation has no space ship.
>>
>>3323164

Was this a later bios release? mine had the grey blocks look.
>>
>>3326950

That was the original bios, you probably had a PAL playstation, right?

PAL got the grey blocks.
>>
>>3326953

Yeah I had (have) a PAL PSX, one of the earlier models too.
I didn't see that colorful bios until a friend of mine got a PS One.
>>
>>3326958
>until a friend of mine got a PS One.

...which just revamped the grey blocks BIOS.
>>
>>3326941
Shit I'm gonna have to play some CDs on my Saturn now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.