[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Might and magic VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: MM6TitleArt.png (158 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
MM6TitleArt.png
158 KB, 600x337
Best class and why?
Best party composition and why?
Best skill / attributes and why?
About to dive into this motherfucker for the first timeā€¦
>>
>>3323097
>best class
Sorcerer
>best party
4 Sorcerers for death from above, or druid + 3 sorc, or cleric+cleric+sorc+sorc

magic except for earth is good
>>
>>3323103
>4 Sorcerers for death from above, or druid + 3 sorc, or cleric+cleric+sorc+sorc
I like magic as much as the next wizard will be one myself in 2 years but that sounds like an insane party.

Don't you just run out of mana immediately? What do you pick for your starting stats/abilities? Is SSSC also viable?
>>
File: chooser me.png (10 KB, 145x185) Image search: [Google]
chooser me.png
10 KB, 145x185
Choose me or suffer
>>
File: TkQKV.jpg (553 KB, 1370x709) Image search: [Google]
TkQKV.jpg
553 KB, 1370x709
>>3323135
This guy is basically my father figure.
>>
File: TheATeam.jpg (92 KB, 639x481) Image search: [Google]
TheATeam.jpg
92 KB, 639x481
>>3323097
Rocking this combo. What's the death penalty in this game?
>>
>>3323110
You can cheat yourself to the shrine of gods and give everyone insane stat bonuses right at the start.
Higher stats = More MP
>>
SSSC, SSSD are fine for a second runthrough once you understand the game mecanics, where to go, how to cheese, etc.

if you try one of these parties on your first playthrough youre going to be in a serious world of hurt. the beginning of the game is not forgiving at all.

for a 1st game I would play KDCS or KPCS

oh and enjoy one of the goat rpgs, op. and play 7-8 as well!
>>
File: 1280896705592.png (2 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1280896705592.png
2 KB, 209x215
>>3323283
>Investing points in luck
>Not putting rest of points in accuracies

You blew it!
>>
>>3323839
Why do I need accuracy if everything I attack is with magic?
>>
>>3323839
Starting stats in M&M are meaningless. What are 20 points difference going to make when your stats are over 9000?
>>
File: good friend.jpg (73 KB, 483x428) Image search: [Google]
good friend.jpg
73 KB, 483x428
>>3324034
You need to use bows and later blasters. It's easy to run out of mana at the start of the game
>>
>>3323283
>What's the death penalty in this game?
You get thrown to the starting town and lose all of your cash except for what you've stored in the bank
>>
>>3323097
Archer and Druid are extremely meh, anything else is great. But the game will be played almost identically regardless of your party and stat setup. Don't fret about the initial stat/skill distribution - there are a fuckton of permanent stat enhancements in the game, and skills you don't pick at the start can be taught in dedicated guilds for manageable sums.
>>
File: 1466014706323.jpg (9 KB, 228x227) Image search: [Google]
1466014706323.jpg
9 KB, 228x227
>>3323103
What about traps? aren't you able to pass it without disarm traps?
>>
>>3324979
Anybody can learn and master disarm traps. You don't even have a robber or ninja class in M&M6.
>>
>>3324984
But only a Knight has enough skill points to spare.
>>
I just started to play as 3 sorcers and 1 cleric

How many disarm trap skills you need to open chests on Misty Islands?
>>
>>3324997
If you have a knight in the party you concentrate adventure skill on him since he's got nothing else to learn but without a knight you spread them across your party.
>>
>>3325078
>How many disarm trap skills you need to open chests on Misty Islands?
You need one point in Mind Magic and the Telekinesis spell.
>>
File: bails.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bails.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>3325715
Oh thanks man now I know
Damn this game has so many traps for novice player, you have to read all those tips before start playing
>>
KKKK is the only right way to play this game. Don't forget to keep them sleep deprived for the first week to get that STR bonus.
Magic is a waste of skillpoints.
>>
>>3326215
>KKKK
Racist detected.
>>
>>3326050
You could just play a simple Knight/Knight/Cleric/Sorceror party and clear the game like that.
>>
>>3326215
>>3326280

The only reason to use a knight instead of a pally is if you want some extra challenge. Paladins can learn all the skills that knights can, plus they have the benefit of having access to healing and buff spells. Knights get 1 HP more per level, but this is pretty irrelevant, since you less armored party members will die quicker than your plate wearers anyway.
>>
>>3326303
>Knights get 1 HP more per level,
Until you get promotions.
You can also have knights become insane without drawbacks.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.