[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: EmptyCartridge.jpg (57 KB, 526x628) Image search: [Google]
EmptyCartridge.jpg
57 KB, 526x628
So Ive been thinking on changeing the battery in some of my GBC games

However Im confused on what type of battery to use

Do I have to use a 1616 battery or can I use anyone I would like?
>>
>>3322840
It says right fucking there that it uses a CR1616 battery.

Of course you could use goliath D type batteries too, if you'd solder a battery holder extension onto the cart.
>>
Sure, just shove a fatass AA battery in there.
>>
File: hc692front.jpg (111 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
hc692front.jpg
111 KB, 400x381
I heard that these have a certain battery just like in the OP, but could a larger volt one be solderd instead?
>>
>>3323057
a larger volt, no, unless maybe you add the necessary resistors to keep the voltage lowered to equal levels.

But I think you meant larger capacity, which is always possible. I knew a guy who once put goliath batteries in his Saturn.
>>
>>3322909
I have carts that use an AA battery

>>3323057
You heard wrong. They use a capacitor. Avoid sharp hot objects until you learn a little (lot) more.
>>
>>3323308
>I have carts that use an AA battery
What kind?
>>
>>3322840
get a car battery and overclock ur pokemans with it
>>
>>3322840
You can buy batteries with the tabs already attached to make for a cleaner, debately easier swap.
>>
>>3323503
Chink bootleg multicarts
>>
File: photo.jpg.png (176 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
176 KB, 500x282
>>3324840 OP

If you want to change a Gameboy cart battery, just buy a replacement CR1616, open the cartridge with a security bit and..Stick it up your butt!
>>
File: IMG_0279.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>3323308
You sure?
>>
>>3324059
Yes I'm sure. Looks like you somehow got confused between the console in the post I was replying to and one accessory for a 3rd party accessory for that console.
I'd like to give you a pat on the back and say "Don't worry slugger. Lots of kids make the same mistake". But unfortunately that wouldn't be true. You're uniquely retarded in this case.
>>
>>3322840
Preferably 1616. To be honest, any battery of 3V should do the trick, as long as it fits.
>>
>>3322840
cr1616 batteries are dirt cheap.
>>
>>3323623
not spoilering image and the last part of the sentence.

Saw it coming/10
>>
>>3325295
I'm not really sure what you mean, could you let me see where it is stated that those cards use a capacitor instead of a battery?
>>
>>3326189
Oh god. You just goggled for an image and don't even know what you posted. You're even dumber than I thought.
No. I won't jump through hoops to prove to an underage fool that he's clueless. Do your own homework dingus.
>>
>>3327178
NIgger, I found a thread which SPECIFICLY POINTED OUT that THERES A BATTERY UNDERNEATH THE SHELL OF THAT CART.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/tennokoe-bank-battery-replacement.47885/

LOOK AT THE 12TH POST
>>
>>3322840
Thinking of or needing to?
>>
>>3327254
Kid, you don't even what what the cart is. You're an ignorant fool with a bad case of autism. I'm just going to let you continue to make an ass of yourself for a while. Keep digging your self that hole dingus.
>>
>>3327324
Not him but

>Kid

I loled
>>
>>3328138
I guess that's the difference between a kid and an adult. An adult lols when a kid googles for an image of something he knows nothing about and instantly becomes an expert on the subject. A kid lols when he sees his name on the internet.

Ironic that just a few days ago ASSEMbler posted a rant about kids becoming instant experts with a google search at that site our young google genius linked to here >>3327254

BTW, what game is that sport?
>>
>>3329758

I guess that's the difference between a kid and an adult. An adult lols when a kid googles for an image of something he knows nothing about and instantly becomes an expert on the subject. A kid lols when he sees his name on the internet.
>Ironic that just a few days ago ASSEMbler posted a rant about kids becoming instant experts with a google search at that site our young google genius linked to
>>
>>3329758

Ironic that just a few days ago ASSEMbler posted a rant about kids becoming instant experts with a google search at that site our young google genius linked to here >>3327254

>>
>>3329758

>>
>>3329758
I never claimed to be a expert asshole, all I was asking for you to do is JUST POINT ME OUT what exactly you are talking about. In the first reply I obviously was asking about the Tennokoe Bank card since I heard it has a battery inside that shell. Then you reply TO ME with that I head it wrong and that it uses a capacitator. Afterwards you just tell me I got confused? But for someone who is acting very adult-like by calling me a kid all the time and even making three the same replies
>>3330459
>>3330485
>>3330475
. It seems real hard for you to just tell me if the card has a battery or a capacitor.
>>
The fuck is going on in this thread? The Tennokoe card clearly has a battery as shown by photos.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.