[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this what autism looks like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: $_57.jpg (242 KB, 1101x1468) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
242 KB, 1101x1468
I found this ad on eBay and I had to share it with you guys. someone is selling a shitload of archived pirated Amiga and commodore games. I don't understand how the seller could think that this is worth anything, considering you could probably fit all the data on these disks onto a portable Hard drive. Still I'm pretty impressed with the effort that somebody put into this. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322165327455?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
The portable hard drive wouldn't be compatible with an actual amiga or commodore though, as they don't have usb ports.

That's why it has value, it does something your solution does not do.
>>
I think all amiga users use either CF adapters in their A600 or A1200 and floppy emulators for the A500. I bet you could fit that entire collection on a single CF card. The only hassle is using the Amiga file system for that many images.
>>
The main value of that listing is there is probably at least a few programs/games that were "lost".
>>
>>3322106
Yes. A youngling sperging out because some guy is selling floppy discs is exactly what autism looks like. A youngling who thinks you can weld a portable hard drive to a c64 and load floppies off it is exactly what autism looks like. You are seriously one fucking dumb kid.
>>
File: BEIGE-SD2IEC800.jpg (136 KB, 800x605) Image search: [Google]
BEIGE-SD2IEC800.jpg
136 KB, 800x605
>>3322106
>>3322225
SD2IEC. There's also uIEC and 1541 Ultimate II
>>
>>3322225

SYLVESTER STALLOWNED
>>
>>3322213
What are notable games considered lost? Any screencaps or pics?
>>
>>3322630
There are literally a fuckton on c64. There's even lost games and crack that were on BBS servers at some point. For example, I once had a working crack of simpsons arcade and ntsc tower toppler on disk in the 90s which were sold at a yard sale at some point. You can't find working cracks of these games anywhere on the internet. Believe me, I've looked.
>>
>>3322665
So it's not lost, just unavailable online. Probably in some bloke's garage.
>>
>>3322323
That drive looks like it was either shopped onto the image or is somehow floating above the C64.
>>
>>3322885
That's the definition of lost and in an archive of that size there's guaranteed to be many

>>3322213
This, but I expect more than a few.

It's the combing process that's tedious unless you really enjoy it which I bet there are people on /vr/ who would.

And then you could release youtube teasers and paste your shit eating grin everywhere like that Socks the Cat guy. Really stick it to the whole Amiga community of like 500 guys worldwide.
>>
>>3322114
But they can have
https://cortexamigafloppydrive.wordpress.com/
>>
File: kek.png (6 KB, 384x272) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
6 KB, 384x272
>>3322323
>buying an adapter that costs as much as $150 is the same as welding
New?

>>3322665
>simpsons arcade
kek. But agree that less than 30 bucks for 1k+ old wharez floppies is a good deal.
>>
>>3322106
Who gives a fuck what he does with his old shit?
>>
>>3323298
It's 10k+
>>
>auction starts at under 40 upside down dollars
I can understand being upset over it if he's trying to extort people for old pirated games you could probably get from someone else, but it seems like he's just trying to get rid of the lot
>>
>>3323298
You can get an SD2IEC for $70 shipped on ebay.

That crack of Simpsons only gets to Moe's Tavern before glitching out. Not sure what happens on an emulator but on actual hardware it glitches there and the other releases do the same thing or don't load at all.
>>
>>3322106
God you're so fucking gay.
>>
>>3323389
I bet he's one of those bootlicking faggots who spends his moms and taxpayers money on original games for his collection then goes on eBay looking for "pirated" games listings to report to the man. Seriously fuck stupid cunts like this. I listed some C64 disks with software on them I wanted to get rid of and had them reported by faggots like this. Who the fuck even collects original c64 and Amiga games anyway? The whole culture surrounding these platforms is cracking and scene shit. I can just picture OP now with his shitty c64 tape collection waiting half an hour at a time to play one game because his autism doesn't allow him to stray from being "purist".
>>
>>3323385
>the cheapest option doesn't cost as much as the most expensive option.
Look out lads we're dealing with a rocket scientist here
>>
>>3323518
If you're the one who posted this
>>3322225
You're the dumb shit because you can network a C64 to a PC and use any kind of drive you want to set up the share with. OPs point is valid in the sense that new tech for c64 and Amiga makes floppies obsolete. You were so clever with that post though, nice one.
>>
>>3323528
You can do a whole lot of shit that costs time and money. Or you can pop in a floppy. I appreciate you may not understand exactly how easy that is because you're too young to have every used one. But it's not much more work that popping in a USB stick.
>>
>>3323794
My experience with floppies, especially bootlegs is a lot of 'URN CHUNK URN CHUNK URN CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK URN CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK'
and then failure to load the game.

So yeah. If I were to get back into C64 retro gamin, I'd deifnitely setup an SD card or network or something because fuck the 1541.
>>
>>3323797
No one's disputing that floppy emulators are great. Just that the "kids react to floppies" OP is a giant fucktard who seems to think you just plug a usb drive into a c64. Why anyone would disagree with that boggles the mind.
Also, there are certain things you can only do with an actual drive. Even using images of copy protected disks requires high end kit.
>>
>>3325254
Nobody's disputing that you knucklehead. OPs point is that you can download the 99.9% complete software libraries for either computer. Why would you want to have stacks of floppies taking space in your house when you can fit all that data on an sd card. Still I disagree with saying they are worth nothing. I think the buyer has them at a good starting price and they shouldn't sell for more than $150-200.
>>
If he really wanted to make money because he thought they were worth something, he would have done a high priced buy it now with best offer. But no, he puts it up for open auction with no reserve. Like >>3323354 said, I think he's just trying to get rid of them but wants them to go to someone who will appreciate them rather than just tossing it all out.

That being said, I don't even have a c64 or Amiga but this is damn impressive and if I was in kangaroo land I might bid.
>>
Actually there's probably a decent value there just as bulk 2S2D disks, regardless of the data on them.
>>
>>3325283
I would say mainly because if you want to run original undamaged nointro games sometimes the only option is to write it to a floppy. Also because it's not a big deal. If you actually have a house as opposed to a small flat/basement having a box of floppies laying around isn't am issue. Most games are a single disk so starting a game from floppy is much faster than starting it from something like SD2IEC, in fact about as fast as starting the SD2IEC loader. Better comparability, faster load times, cheaper hardware. Seems like the main problem with floppies is OMG grampa uses floppies LOL XD ebik fail LMAO.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.