[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion on Sonic R?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: EVERYBODYEVERYBODY.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
EVERYBODYEVERYBODY.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Your opinion on Sonic R?
>>
>>3320901
It's a fun game.
>>
>>3320901
GOAT music, decent and pretty fun game. Could have benefited from having more courses, though.
>>
I enjoy playing it, and the soundtrack is unique. However i totally understand why people hate it
>>
Western garbage
>>
>>3320909
But it had members of Sonic Team working on it as well as TT.

You might as well call Sonic 2 garbage because STI helped with it.
>>
>>3320912
Because everything Sonic Team does is gold. Use your brain idiot
>>
>>3320912

Sonic 2's lead programmed was Naka.

What members of Sonic Team worked on R?
>>
>>3320916
Iizuka, a level designer from 3&K and the creator of NiGHTS, was the lead director of Sonic R.
>>
>>3320913
Sonic Team before Sega went bankrupt was GOAT. Use your brain idiot.
>>
one of my favorite games growing up and i still enjoy replaying it and getting all the unlocks
>>
>>3320909
weeb detected
>>
>>3320901
Short as fuck, but very fun and very good looking game. I found a notebook from when i was like 6, where i wrote down all the locations of the coins and how to unlock the characters lol
>>
>>3320901
JonTron doesn't like it, therefore it's shit.
>>
>>3321163

Same here, have that shit memorized like clockwork now. I still find fun in unlocking everything over and over somehow.

Playing the game also gets far easier when you think of each character like a car, using the accelerate button instead of tilting the stick forward. The people who bounce around and bitch about the gameplay are almost always doing it wrong.
>>
>>3320901
L>R

Left hand master race.
>>
>>3320972
>implying I said Sonic Team had never made a good game

Reading comprehension. use it faggot
>>
I like everything about it but the controls, it's the same thing with Sega Touring Car
>>
>>3320901
Mediocre game that /vr/ loves for whatever reason.

Nowhere near as bad as e-celebs say, though. Just a thoroughly 4/10 game.
>>
>>3321469
Have you tried emulating the arcade version of touring car instead of the saturn port?
>>
>>3321472
E-celebs tend to mock it for being a mediocre Sonic spin-off on a console that was in desperate need of a true Sonic game.
>>
>>3320901
EVERYBODY

CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE

YOU KNOW YOU GOTTA SURVIVE

JUST LIKE THE DIAMONDS IN THE SKY

SO TAKE ME

SO TAKE ME BACK IN TIME

10/10 ost
>>
>>3321186
underrated post
>>
Comfy as fuck once you get used to the handling and the controls.

Why they keep insisting on making future Sonic racers actual kart games without the great soundtracks is beyond me.
>>
>>3320901
It's a good bad game, but I played it back when it was released on Saturn and loved it. I just played it the other day too, but on GameCube. I know it's a flawed game, but I have nostalgia for it.
>>
It was pretty unconventional. I liked playing it a lot, unlocking all the crap, exploring the best routes. However it was also unbalanced as fuck, and in split-screen mode it had 10 cm draw distance.

>>3320909
And yet, one of the most technically advanced Saturn games.
>>
awesome soundtrack/10
>>
>>3320901
Alright. Would be better regarded if people weren't retards and actually just held the button to move forward.
>>
>>3321807
this, 3D sonic actually works pretty well as a car game.
>>
>>3320901
When you're a kid, you will often like something no matter what because it has your favorite character in it. As for Sonic R, I was able to deal with the mechanics and fell in love more so with the music.
>>
>>3321808
i think most people are just retarded and don't realize the shoulder buttons allow you to make sharp turns
>>
Best soundtrack.
>>
Choose or die!
http://www.strawpoll.me/10611483
>>
>>3320968
Iizuka wasn't the creator of NiGHTS. Iizuka is the creator of shitty Sonic starting with Adventure
>>
>>3320901
Don't play Sonic in level 1.
>>
WE ALL NEED
TO REMEMBER
>>
File: wojak2.png (233 KB, 601x720) Image search: [Google]
wojak2.png
233 KB, 601x720
Closest thing we'll ever get to proper 3D Sonic.
>>
>>3321214
>reading comprehension
>>
>>3324373
What about Sonic Jam world or Robo Blast 2?
>>
>>3323284
Believe it or not, he was the lead game designer of NiGHTS, 3D Blast, and R before doing Adventure.
>>
The game is ok, but the game is short and the music is meh.
>>
>>3324697
The music is the best thing about it you pleb.
>>
I guess the games alright
also remember the tails doll theory thing
>>
Sonic must embrace house music once again.
>>
I haven't played it in years, but I thought it was fine, the music was great.

I remember Super Sonic being too fucking fast compared to the rest of the characters though, you'd always have to play against him if you selected one of the robots.
>>
Way too short, but okay, with soundtrack that was different than usual for a Sonic but pretty catchy. Game also prety fanservice with the characters. The racing tracks should have been based on Sonic previous games and not those things.

But btw, how much was this game at the time? Was it like a normal saturn full priced game...? If that's the case it was pretty expensive for what it was

>>3324876
One of the games problems is not being balanced. There is a point where you can be Sonic and face Knuckles, Tails and Metal Sonic and that's when the races could be interesting. If you could get Mecha Knuckles in there as the 5th somehow it would be better, much better than Eggrobot or Tails Doll...
But yeah, Super Sonic is broken. Mecha Knuckles is broken when using the shoulder triggers for "drifiting"
>>
>>3321492

Yes, even with my wheel I still get rekt frequently, but I know is my fault as you can see people in the yt playing it flawlessly. But shit, it could have controls like Sega Rally or GT24 which I'm way more used to. The PC version for some reason is way more playable to me but I never could set my wheel to play it, only the joystick
>>
>unlock Super Sonic
>completely overwrites regular Sonic
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>3320901
Hard to control on the saturn, pc is great though.
>>
>>3325218
press up/down, retard
>>
>>3325409
How was I supposed to know that? It's Carnival Night Zone all over again.
>>
>>3325414
idk i figured it out as a kid

i however did not discover the barrel until /vr/
>>
>>3325394
No, it is not hard to control. You need to use the shoulder buttons. If you don't you will go against the course track everytime instead of mainting the speed while drifting.
>>
>>3320901
Decent racer. Over and done with quickly, though. (Saturn games often seem pretty short) Be sure to use the shoulder buttons to lean your character for better cornering.

Soundtrack is probably more nostalgic now. Very late 90's-ish, when the Spice Girls were popular. Makes the game feel quite nostalgic. Like the product of its decade that it is.
>>
>>3325740
Great, now next time I play I'll have to hear it

I WANNA HA I WANNA HA I WANNA HA I WANNA HA
REALLY REALLY REALLY WANNA ZIG AH ZIG AAH
>>
soundtracks absolutely amazing and this is the only game i can speedrun
my records 18:34
i believe this is the shortest game to 100% of all time
>>
>>3328123
you should visit agdq this year
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.