[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P64 Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: project64-002.jpg (64 KB, 900x756) Image search: [Google]
project64-002.jpg
64 KB, 900x756
I'm about to play the greatest game of all time on Project 64.

Is it finishable if I play it straight through?

Just wondering what to watch out for.
>>
File: oot_promotionalart2.jpg (660 KB, 1275x1732) Image search: [Google]
oot_promotionalart2.jpg
660 KB, 1275x1732
Honestly, I feel like the only thing that might be too esoteric is the trading sequence to find an optional late-game sword, but I was able to figure that out when I was a little kid.

The game is very straightforward about what it wants you to do; you just have to explore and figure out how to do it. Have fun!
>>
>>3319591
You'll be fine. You should try out a texture pack if your computer can handle it; I recommend the cell-shaded one.
>>
>>3319591

What do you mean?
emulator- wise? Or if you can finish the game without help? If millions of of kids did it you can too. One of the most likely points to get stuck could be how to get Jabu Jabu to open his mouth.

And emulator wise even with PJ64 1.6 everyting will work just fine, I played through it with that one without problems.
>>
>>3319640

You can get the biggogorons sword pretty early
>>
>>3320061
this. I don't know what OP means.

if you know what to do, it can be finished in one sitting but I don't recommend doing that.

the body needs sleep too.
>>
>>3320092
>>3320061

It seems pretty clear that OP wants to know if he can finish this specific game without the emulator having some bug that makes it impossible.
>>
>>3320115
>It seems pretty clear

no, it doesn't.
>>
>>3320146

>OP states he'll play the game on PJ64
>N64 emulation is well known for being buggy as fuck
>"Is it finishable..."

Yes, it does
>>
>>3320085
Yeah if you glitch the hell out of it.
>>
>>3319591
kill yourself
>>
File: Zelda OoT emulation 2016.jpg (252 KB, 1296x1042) Image search: [Google]
Zelda OoT emulation 2016.jpg
252 KB, 1296x1042
>>3319591
I've played OoT on 1.6 for a good decade, and it's been smooth ride.

Use 480p or 960p to fix the inventory image glitch. Also enable "Use Legacy Pixel pipeline" from advanced options to fix some transition and HUD elements.

That's about it. Figure out a good button config yourself.
>>
>>3319591
If you're asking if the game is stable on PJ, then yes. Ocarina (and I think Majora?) are in the select handful of N64 games that work fine on emulators.
>>
>>3319591
Emulators are practically written for the Mario and Zelda games.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.