[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Net Yaroze so expensive? I mean, I can understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Net Yaroze.png (104 KB, 783x182) Image search: [Google]
Net Yaroze.png
104 KB, 783x182
Why is the Net Yaroze so expensive? I mean, I can understand why:
>black Playstation
>dev kits
>demo discs
>online sharing of demo discs
>no continent restrictions, play US/Australian/European games on your Japanese console!
But I didn't think it'd be this expensive, not passing $1,300, at least, and this is the cheapest one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Net-Yaroze-Black-Console-DTL-H3000-Dev-Kit-Tool-Extras-/272286385931?hash=item3f6588870b:g:rzQAAOSwvg9Xbv66
Can you start a GoFundMe page for anything? I'd like one of these without having to sell my car.
>>
>>3319113
if some nigger made and received funding for making potato salad, you can make one for this
>>
>paying that much for a net yaroze
You're better off getting a PSIO or a modchip at this point.
>>
File: cache_33681930[1].jpg (55 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
cache_33681930[1].jpg
55 KB, 450x600
>>
Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Prd8ZJUHA
>>
>>3319158
>PSIO
>modchip
just flash a gameshark with Unirom and you don't have to do any of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwl6fygKep0
>>
>>3319335
That's not retro, hurrrrr!
It has to be at least fifty years old.
>>
>>3319131
that nigger was white
>>
>>3319335
I have one of these. Found it super cheap and it plays burned ps1 games. I think net yaroze is more interesting though as you can develop games with it.
>>
Someone watched Caddicarus today. :-)
>>
>>3319113
>Why am I so poor?
Bad life decisions.
Like wanting to pay $1.3k+ for a black console with some extra features you can't and won't use.
>>
>>3319674
How did you know?
>>
>e-celeb watching hipster hears about publicly available devkit for PS1, goes hunting for one, is surprised by high price, decides to blogpost on /vr/ about it

OK OP, here's what happened. Sony created this shit, and it was more expensive than a regular PS1. All the real serious devs already had actual devkits, so this was sold only to hobbyists, and therefor had very low sales numbers. Only yay so many survived to this day. Many people seem to want one for some odd reason. Low supply, high demand, can you do the math?

Can you assholes keep the e-celeb shit in a single thread or what?
>>
I have a net yaroze
I've had it since 1998
At the time I was finishing uni so didn't get much time on it.. But I did learn a lot about 3d games programming and how hard it was... I dedicated 3 months in 2001 and got a 3d scrolling minecraft beat'em up with a map editor... Then I got work and haven't touched the yaroze till now.

Sadly.. There's no more net in Net Yaroze.. But the PSXDEV scene is still strong.

People collect it for its resale value... Which is a shame because they still are great to learn on.
>>
>>3319674
>He didn't know about Columns or Puzzle Bubble

#triggered
>>
>>3319674
>>3319741
caddicarus is a faggot. Just end your lives.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.