[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tench: Shinobi Hyakusen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 2b.jpg (33 KB, 520x518) Image search: [Google]
2b.jpg
33 KB, 520x518
So, I had no idea this existed! The Japanese re-release of Tenchu: Stealth Assassins contained a level editor (the west only got a level editor in Tenchu 2). The 100 best user-created levels were packaged together and released as Tenchu: Shinobi Hyakusen!

I've found Russian, and even Thai translations, but not English sadly.

Tenchu thread, I guess *shrug*
>>
You don't really need a translation to play it as the missions have no plot and you should already know what items do what. The missions themselves could be considered "only for experts" as many of them are made to fuck around with what a seasoned Tenchu player is accustomed to for example sneaky archers covering ninjas on rooftops are a common thing.
>>
File: tumblr_n9je7wGTxu1ty71ejo1_1280.jpg (114 KB, 961x804) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9je7wGTxu1ty71ejo1_1280.jpg
114 KB, 961x804
Random screenies
>>
I always considered the psp Tenchu game Time of Assassins as a sort of spiritual sequel to this. Though it's widely considered shit for it's bad draw distance(almost identical to the first tenchu btw) and controls, it seems to take it's structure partially from Shinobi Hyakusen while injecting a semblance of plot.
>>
>>3319021
Tenchu 1 and 2 are exceptional games. Sadly it all went downhill after Acquire went to focus on Way Of The Samurai.

Makes me pine for the days when fictional ninja were all about espionage, subterfuge and assassination and not Dragon Ball fuckery.
>>
>>3319125
Other than Naruto what ninja-centric series does this?
>>
>>3319125
Acquire lost the rights to Tenchu irc but they made Shinobido which was the natural next step in the evolution of Tenchu.
>>
>>3319021
>The 100 best user-created levels were packaged together
How would they go about obtaining and judging them in that era?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.