[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason Fire emblem V has the worst translation in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Fe5box.jpg (15 KB, 250x138) Image search: [Google]
Fe5box.jpg
15 KB, 250x138
Is there a reason Fire emblem V has the worst translation in the series and no one is working on it? Why the hell would they redo IV and VI which were perfectly playable and push back V which doesn't even have a proper menu translation?

The game is often hailed as one of if not the best in the series. Do I really have to wait another three years to play it properly assuming it comes out at all?
>>
File: trs box.jpg (83 KB, 615x615) Image search: [Google]
trs box.jpg
83 KB, 615x615
>>3318746
I'm not really sure. I've played them all and it's my favourite by far. I guess FE6 was popular because the other GBA games were popular (and because of smash), FE12 was a new game when the translation project started, FE1-3 might be easier to translate, and FE4 should be played before FE5 for story purposes to translating that comes first.

In other news, Tear Ring Saga is almost fully translated (though it may take a while to insert the text into the game)
>>
You'll never be able to play it properly if you use translations.
You could learn the necessary basics in a few weeks to months and then learn the rest by playing games.
>>
>>3318765
T.weeaboo
>>
>>3318759
Should I just get a program that makes my American PS2 play Japanese PS1 games like I did with SwapMagic for Japanese PS2 games or just emulate the translated rom?
>>
>>3318759
this game is better than any fire emblem game released
>>
>>3318783
I played it on emulator without any issues, but that's up to you.

>>3318786
Not really. It has some good ideas but the balance is terrible and there's no challenge at all. I'd say it's about on par with FE6 or FE7 and definitely weaker than FE9 or FE5.
I hear that Berwick Saga is better, but that game will never be translated.
>>
>>3318759
hopefully it's finished soon
>>
>>3318806
6 has the best base challenge and balance for the gba games (oifeys and jeigans are actually oifeys and jeigans and the skill stat matters) and 7 is the best in the series for high level play with low turn count runs.

por doesn't have much going for it at all besides loads of maps being filled with interesting gimmicks. even on hard mode you can solo the game with ike and some elixirs with no effort. especially if you play fixed mode.
>>
>>3318806
>but that game will never be translated.
Why not? It's not like it's impossible to translate PS2 games.
>>
>>3318837
lack of interest probably. It's an obscure RPG and gameplay wise it's not very much like fire emblem like the first game was, so it doesn't really have much of a fanbase that wants it.
>>
File: In America.png (125 KB, 461x447) Image search: [Google]
In America.png
125 KB, 461x447
>>3318746

The current patch is totally playable, you get used to the glitched status screens after a few chapters, and while there may be unnecessary memes added to the script that doesn't differentiate it from a modern professionally translated game.
>>
>>3321225

>and while there may be unnecessary memes added to the script that doesn't differentiate it from a modern professionally translated game.

thats actually pretty sad
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.