[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Played Renegade all the time decades ago. Could tell it had the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 2362154-nes_renegade.jpg (2 MB, 1528x2100) Image search: [Google]
2362154-nes_renegade.jpg
2 MB, 1528x2100
Played Renegade all the time decades ago. Could tell it had the deepest lore but never knew about the Kunio series. They never bothered to connect it to River City Ransom or any of the reskinned sports games. Could have had way more of my custom. Mr. K was awesome.

Kunio series thread?
>>
File: extra_lire_fichier.png (10 KB, 384x272) Image search: [Google]
extra_lire_fichier.png
10 KB, 384x272
I had that game for Amstrad CPC. Never could get past first stage, even though I beat all the other fighting games like Barbarian, Kung Fu Master, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Exploding Fist, etc.
Actually I pretty much just go beat up within seconds of the start. That must be when I gave up on fighting games.
>>
>>3318490
>fighting games
It's a belt scroller

Why is the toughest enemy in the game a fat lady who smacks you with her purse
>>
>>3318521
>belt scroller
Never heard of that one, we always called them fighting games or beat'em ups.
>>
>Same
>Got Renegade and Ghosts n Goblins with my NES
>Thought Renegade was shit and wished I got Mega Man instead
>Never played RCR for this reason
>>
Belt-scrolling fighters (BSF's) don't take any skill to play, I'm glad that genre died.
>>
>>3318521
It's a beat'um up retard.
>>
>>3317553
There's a remake on the 3DS, region locked of course

There is also a 2 player co-op sequel on the Super Famicom, where Kunio and Riki are framed for a crime. All the old bosses are back and there's a lot of dialogue. The game itself is okay, but the bosses take a bazillion hits to die, and the graphics are odd.
>>
>>3318572
Renegade (Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun) and River City Ransom (Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari) aren't really that connected to each other other than Kunio and Riki are in both games.

>>3318584
>There's a remake on the 3DS, region locked of course
It's being localized by Natsume under the name of River City Tokyo Rumble. It's kinda annoying they're using the "River City" name for every localized Kunio game now though.
>>
>>3318521
Forced meme.
>>
Used to think renegade was a great example of how the master system got better ports, and then I realized it came out in 93 compared to 87 for the NES port.
>>
>>3320305
The Master System still got better ports.
>>
File: RenegadeLocationTestUSA-616x438.png (478 KB, 616x438) Image search: [Google]
RenegadeLocationTestUSA-616x438.png
478 KB, 616x438
>>3320305
Natsume handled Renegade along with other Taito games released on the SMS at the time.
>>
Anyone know what the best solution for some 4 player Kunio sports would be? I recently got an AV Fami and would love to get some 4 player games going.
>>
File: AS7749FCback.jpg (27 KB, 457x347) Image search: [Google]
AS7749FCback.jpg
27 KB, 457x347
>>3320576
Buy one of those Ascii Sticks that has an extra controller.
>>
>>3320294
It's the only kunio game that had any sort of real success in the states, so I'm not really surprised. Not that bad of a name if you ask me.
>>
Sabu a shit
>>
>>3317553
>
GET LOST, PUNK!
>>
>>3321965
True, but none of the Kunio games are actually set in a place called "River City". I would've preferred if they had went with the "Renegade" branding instead, but I guess that was not as popular with NES hipsters.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.