[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baldur's Gate modding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: bg2icon.png (184 KB, 562x750) Image search: [Google]
bg2icon.png
184 KB, 562x750
So /vr/ can anyone help me. I wanna get into this game/franchise but I have same problem with this one as a lot of other games similar more-less : Why Barbarians and melee characters don't have special abilities, at low level in particular. I want Barbarian's Whirlwind Attack, some shouts, special strikes and similar on low lever. So , Does anyone know any mods and how to install it to have Diablo 2 (-ish) kind of Barbarian and maybe for other melee classes too.
>>
Minsc is your barbarian, he hides a gerble up his ass. Thats the special ability for a barbarian at lower levels
>>
>>3316653
>Why Barbarians and melee characters don't have special abilities, at low level in particular. I want Barbarian's Whirlwind Attack, some shouts, special strikes and similar on low lever

The game is based off of D&D; special abilities can be gotten through consumable items and at towards the very end of Baldur's Gate 2, you get some High Level Abilities to soup you up.

I don't know of a mod that explicitly makes a Barbarian class, but you can make a multiclass Fighter/Mage, Fighter/Thief or Fighter/Cleric to at least give you some spells and other utilities into your fight. Otherwise, you have to rely on equipment and consumables for anything more substantial.

But there are probably some kits online, I just never really delved into that.
>>
>>3316847
kek

man there are so much mods for that games it's not even funny... are you playing the classic versions or the enhaced? there are mods for the old versions for obvious reasons.
>>
>>3316849
*more mods for the old versions

question was made for
>>3316653
>>
BG is a way to play D&D if you have no friends. In D&D, barbarians rage and full attack. If D&D mechanics aren't your cup of tea, you probably shouldn't be playing BG in the first place. If you want to play Diablo, play Diablo, if you want weeaboo fightan magic, play a JRPG.
>>
>>3316653
>Why Barbarians and melee characters don't have special abilities, at low level in particular.

Those are Baldur's Gate 2 kits, they aren't supposed to be played at low level.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.