[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skies of Arcadia thread. My favourite RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Skies of Arcadia thread.

My favourite RPG
>>
I love the dynamic battle music. It goes from "Keep it up!" to "Oh shit we're gonna die!" to "We're totally kicking this thing's ass now!" I wish that were a more common thing.
>>
>>3316317
Yeah I loved that. It made things really tense
>>
>>3316317
Phantasy Star Online 2 does it. It's quite subtle because when shit gets bad you're not listening to the music.
>>
>>3316317
The only games I can think of that do that are Twilight Princess and Shadow of the Colossus
>>
>>3316359
Banjo-kazooie and Parappa/Lammy do it too. I love the quacking of the "You're doing awful" music.
>>
>>3316368
>Banjo-kazooie
I don't remember that
>>
>>3316387
There was tons of dynamic music. Click Clock Woods is probably the best example. Each of the 4 areas had the same base tune, but with different seasonal twists for each area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGobUUMy_E
>>
>>3316398
Now I get you, I thought you meant during boss fights.

I loved how the tone of the tune would change when you went underwater.
>>
>>3316286
I just got the Delphinus.
I fucking love this game.
>>
>>3316421
Glad you're enjoying it. I love the Delphinus' theme.
>>
File: pintas QWEAST.jpg (154 KB, 598x1063) Image search: [Google]
pintas QWEAST.jpg
154 KB, 598x1063
Why was the Dreamcast such a fucking amazing system?

What other system could you have this shit in?
>>
Should I play this on dreamcast or gamecube?
>>
>>3316460
DC if you have a VGA box and care about music quality.
>>
File: 20160528_133338.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160528_133338.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>3316460
Dreamcast, just don't get upset about the random encounters.
>>
>>3316460
I went with Gamecube because it was affordable for me.

>>3316434
Good system. One thing I'm glad for is that nearly every single classic has been re-released or remastered or ported to other systems so future generations can play these gems like Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure 2, Skies Of Arcadia, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and Crazy Taxi.
>>
>>3316286

I remembered seeing this on a demo kiosk at...Babbages? Anyway, the music caught my ear, and when I tried it out, I grabbed it on my next paycheck.
Never looked fucking back. Still have my original copy, but I heard enough good things to grab the Gamecube version too when it came out.
This fucking theme, though...one of the few pieces of music that made a chill go down my spine when I heard it.
https://youtu.be/Et_zP0v3thU
>>
>>3316460
GC has more content. DC has better audio.
>>
>>3316657
The content in the GC is like... Superficial.
I dunno. I will always prefer the original.

And I'll wait patiently for a modern Skies of Arcadia 2.
>>
>>3316712
At least with the GC version, you don't have to mess with DLC that is non-existent. I know there are work arounds, but I'm lazy.
>>
>>3316764
>DLC that is non-existent

http://soaworld.silvite.com/Downloadpages/downloads_addons.htm
>>
>>3316793
How do you get your Dreamcast online?
>>
>>3316793
I know that they are out there, but it requires a bit of work, hence my spoiler text.
>>
>>3316286
Aika got raped
>>
>>3316286
I want to get kissed by Polly.
>>
>>3316317
Phantasy Star 3 actually did that before SoA.
>>
>>3316818
No she didn't. The rape was stopped.
>>
>>3316813
I mean, really, a 56k line is 5 dollars a month. If you want to just buy a 56k line and hook it up, you have access to all Dreamcast DLC and services you need no issue.

There are other methods, including buying a 150 dollar ethernet adapter, but the 56k line is plenty.
>>
Talking about Dreamcast ports. Is there any DC game outside of D2 that is really just not worth playing outside of DC (or a good unported game)?
>>
>>3316885
I play all Dreamcast games on the Dreamcast, except Phantasy Star Online, which I play on the Xbox.
>>
>>3316861
Technically yes. In practice, the "easy" fight theme plays 95% of the time.

Anyway, first game I remember hearing dynamic music in was Jedi Knight. The combat music would start and end seamlessly.
>>
>>3316885

Tech Romancer(personal opinion)
Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes
Record of Lodoss War(only if you like Diablo clones)
>>
>>3316872
My landline is VOIP, so I don't think a dial-up ISP would even work. A Dream Pi is way cheaper than a broadband adapter, but requires a ton more work. Plus, there was a way you could do it via a burned disc, but I don't remember what it was called and didn't bookmark the page.
>>
>>3316469
To think the random encounter were lessened from the amount in the Japanese version.
Shame that the crystal ball chicks pants were made opaque as well.
>>
>>3316870
actually if you look at the scenes before and when she's chained to the wall, you can see that she's been dressed in clothes that she wasn't wearing before
>>
>>3317265
They also removed the rum. But Loqua has a lot of distinct backstory in the game, so, it's interesting to visit taverns and look at the ales.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.