[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I want to play this >Can't afford a real copy >Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Vib-Ribbon.jpg (15 KB, 256x254) Image search: [Google]
Vib-Ribbon.jpg
15 KB, 256x254
>I want to play this
>Can't afford a real copy
>Is too incompetent to know how to properly run a psone/psx/playstation emulator
Honestly I'm just posting this to ask if anyone here can help me with the emulator thing.
>>
Follow this
http://www.epsxe.com/help.php

I did it a couple years ago without any experience emulating PS1, and got it up and running without much hassle.

Remember you need the BIOS file for anything to work. Just getting the emulator and the game .iso won't work alone.

I didn't have to mess around with any of the video plugins, so you can probably ignore that initially. Just follow the instructions and you should be golden.
>>
>>3315487
Fuck off with your emulator garbage.
>>
Look up psxfin, download that, plus a Vib Ribbon iso from emuparadise or your preferred site, done. You just open it up in the program.

The PS3/PSN version is good too though, if you want to go that route. No input lag and the CD functionality is all there.
>>
If you don't care about stuff like plugins and accuracy to an autistic degree, PSX is pretty much just plug and play as far as emulators go, you don't need to set up shit.

>>3315490
>Honestly I'm just posting this to ask if anyone here can help me with the emulator thing.
>Fuck off with your emulator garbage.
>>
>>3315491
I would do that but I don't have a working PS3 and it's not on PS4 yet I assume, but still.
>>
>>3315495
It's also available on PSP and Vita senpai
>>
>>3315494
>>3315491
OK, first, thank you, and second, I went and downloaded psx and I have vib ribbon running, but its asking me to put in a second disc and I only have the one vib ribbon file and the .cue file.
>>
>>3315517
nevermind, just had to put both in the same folder, thank you again
>>
>>3315497
I don't own a vita and PSP's broken as well, But It's gonna be fixed soon So I'll probably get it there if it means playing vib ribbon anywhere.
>>
http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Vib-Ribbon_(J)/53339
http://rgho.st/6KSpPJMbl
>>
>>3315491
Vib Ribbon needs a proper port to a modern console, or to PC.
>>
>>3315592
It really does, just played it for the first time with custom music and everything, 10/10
>>
>>3315581
Works for the most part, except it's having trouble reading which disc is in. still, thank you...
>>
File: 1462638545151.jpg (27 KB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
1462638545151.jpg
27 KB, 480x259
>>3315490
>>
Is there some secret American version that's really expensive?

I see Japan and Pal versions all under 50 dollars.
>>
>>3315475
Softmod a PS2 with free mcboot. Get the latest version of OPL. Download POPstarter files and copy them to the ps2 memory card along with OPL. Download vib-ribbon ISO then inject into the POPstarter launch file. Copy that file to an sd card, thumb drive or USB hard drive. Or if you have a network adapter configure it to load games from SMB over network. Play Vib-Ribbon. I know it works great with popstarter, I have it along with over 400 other working psx games on a smb share.
>>
>>3315921
Nope, Vib Ribbon was never officially released in North America.
Your only option (besides emulation) is to buy a PAL or Japan version and play it on a modded Playstation or a region free debug unit
>>
Just get a PS2 for 20 bucks and use some tissue and burn a CD.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.