[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use guides?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 56543K2.jpg (342 KB, 2112x2112) Image search: [Google]
56543K2.jpg
342 KB, 2112x2112
Do you use guides?
>>
File: FishingHookMap[1].png (4 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
FishingHookMap[1].png
4 KB, 480x432
Only when i actually need it. I have left a lot of zeldas unfishined because i never knew how to progress.
>>
>>3314431
I used to collect guides, even for games I didn't own. Never really used them much, just liked reading through them as a kid.
>>
>>3314431
Off and on, i try not to be too dependent on them but there's times when you need to consult them.
>>
>>3314441
Same. I've never beaten a /vr/ Zelda without using a guide at least a few times.

Actually, most games I eventually come to a point where I have no idea what to do next and need to use a guide or walkthrough. It feels shameful to use them, but the alternative is to leave tons of games unfinished.
>>
>>3314441
>>3314510
Zelda is the one series where I actively avoid guides, besides the NES games. They're not hard, and they usually tell you where to go next.
Why would you bother playing a game about exploration and puzzle solving if you're going to use a guide anyway?
>>
Depends on the game.
And when I do use a guide, it's usually for unusually complicated side quests, never the main story unless i'm stumped into a rage, and usually the solution ends up being something I tried already.
>>
File: 100_3544.jpg (326 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
100_3544.jpg
326 KB, 1500x1125
Yes. I'm currently doing the FF5 Four Job Fiesta. I also heavily abuse gamefaqs.
>>
Only when I'm replaying a game and want to not miss anything or get a specific ending.
>>
Usually just for RPGs to avoid those 'blink and you miss it' chances at a great weapon, item or upgrade. I like stumbling around and figuring shit out but I hate getting far in a game and realizing I've long since missed something I want. it's a bit of an impasse overall.
>>
>>3314657
how dare you use the tools available to you to complete a game
>>
>>3314441
>>3314510
You're dumbasses. Nintendo makes games so easy a baby can beat them and you need a guide?
>>
What are some guides that are just plain good reading?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.