[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technically you could buy this pack from steam (it's on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: segasale.png (372 KB, 635x420) Image search: [Google]
segasale.png
372 KB, 635x420
Technically you could buy this pack from steam (it's on sale), transfer the roms onto an everdrive, and it would be 1000000% legal and shelf collector fags would be 9000000000000% BTFO right?
>>
>>3313704
>BTFO
why?

also, are they roms?
>>
File: 1416098950299.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1416098950299.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
Is that how it works?

Say I buy metal slug on steam.. But I don't wanna use the shitty emulator Dotemu has provided me. I can just use winkawaks or mame and it would be legal?
>>
>>3313720
>are they roms?
Of course they are. Sega wants a quick buck. Why on earth would they waste time and money porting every game?

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sega_Genesis_%26_Mega_Drive_Classics#Run_in_other_emulators
>>
>>3313704
Is that a bundle including all the games/packs together? Where is that located I want to just buy them in one bundle
>>
Technically, you could just emulate them for free instead of buying an overpriced Flash cart from you-know-who.
>>
>>3313728
There's nothing illegal about an emulator you dingus
>>
Assuming there's no encryption to circumvent that would be a violation whatever your local equivalent of the DMCA's anti-circumvention law is, yes.
>>
Didn't Sega basically say they didn't give a fuck about people sharing Genesis roms?
>>
You can also just download roms from any website, add them to the folder of sega mega drive and genesis classics and play them as if you owned them
>>
>>3313704
>legal

Literally who the fuck cares. Are you teaching your orthodox catholic grandparents how to emulate?
>>
>>3314571
exactly, I know it's a retarded moral argument, but there are people out there who defend buying the game saying everdrives aren't "LEGIT".

I was illustrating the futility of that argument that seems to be parroted so commonly.
>>
>>3313704
Most likely the steam shit is only licensed to run on steam. Read the license if you give a fuck.
Even if they somehow fucked up and didn't restrict the license it wouldn't bother collectorfags in the slightest. The simple fact that the collector can sell his shit and you cant makes you the one who's 9000000000000% BTFO.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.