[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vanguard Bandits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: ad-01.jpg (199 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
ad-01.jpg
199 KB, 500x672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeEVGfrnKsE

Playing this and finding very good. Anything I need to know before advance through the game? As missables, secrets and stuff.
And recommend similar games too, please. Got really interested in the genre, now which I bought a PSP.
>>
>>3312058
Yes there are missable things but the key "feature" of this game is replaying the multiple endings. I had the guide book as a kid cant find that now.
You will need to use a guide for this game and will develop ocd like most tactical rpgs. Some of the later battles are extremely hard if you dont level up your stats correctly.
I still need to finish the game actually myself. Also you will either hate or love the WD "jokes".
>>
File: barlow3.jpg (4 KB, 80x96) Image search: [Google]
barlow3.jpg
4 KB, 80x96
>>
>>3312058
Is this basically Escaflowne: The Tactical RPG?
Why have I not played this?
>>
>>3312058
Not really a secret, but it's worth knowing that skills and special attacks have stat requirements, so knowing them beforehand (with a guide, duh) can give you a considerable edge. Do note that attacks can be learned with the bonus stats from items, but characters skills do not consider any sort of bonus stats. It's important to know the difference.
>>
>>3312058

Depending on the route make sure everyone in your party keeps up good moral with you.
I forget which route it was but you can get the bad ending if the average party moral is low at the final battle.

Not really hard to keep up though just make sure you talk to everyone evenly between stages
>>
I own this. Found a perfectly beautiful copy for $20 with the lunar demo and all.

I really like the front mission games so I had to have it.

It fucking sucks ass. Terrible goddamn game with shit mechanics, terrible dialogue and just joke-worthy cut scenes. Front Mission 3 is shloads better, even FM1 tops this garbage.

Someone defend this game because I have no reason not to get rid of it and I would like to know why anyone enjoys this.
>>
File: 19-capture_24032011_224135.jpg (88 KB, 646x470) Image search: [Google]
19-capture_24032011_224135.jpg
88 KB, 646x470
>>3314795
Nana is the most powerful loli in this game.
>>
>>3314809
How does a giant robot wear a fairy earring??
>>
>>3312680
It's more important to let them participate in battle and get a couple kills now and then, since some characters like Devlin will be happy if they get to KILL DEM IMPERIALS but don't really care too much if you chat with them a lot.

Devlin and Barlow are pretty trash though, so I tend to just feed them the trash enemies while Bastion and Reina and Andrew or whoever do the real heavy lifting.

A good way to make all your allies happy in the kingdom route is to defeat all of based Dionne's troops with Bastion solo, though this requires some pretty careful manipulation of stats and FP and movement ranges, and you have to take down Andrew before Dionne so it's not like you can just get away with going full sanic speed either.
>>
>>3314795
>FM3
>good battle mechanics
Listen anon I love me some Front Mission 3 but everything that's fun about it happens outside of battle rather than in it.
>>
I have no idea what this is but it interests me. Flyer looks like fighting game and screenshots look like RPG and comments look like tactics.
>>
>>3317543
It's bad, you will walk in with mind open and be incredibly disappointed unless of course youre a supreme weeb
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.