[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda II Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Zelda II Thread, discuss.

Fuck Moa's.
>>
Fuck moa's what?
>>
>>3311628
Your at home?
>>
>tfw 100% run completed last year

Feels good man
>>
>>3311508
If anybody feels inclined to give away their cartridge of this, hit me up.
>>
Garbage game
>>
>>3311806
>meme opinion
>>
File: comparison.gif (15 KB, 539x305) Image search: [Google]
comparison.gif
15 KB, 539x305
>>3311634

Now try doing it with a minimum number of deaths.

I think I could manage to run through the entire game without dying, or at least without a Game Over. It would just take way more time than I'm willing to invest in a single session. I'd eventually have to invoke the save code and take a break, which for some reason still increases your Game Over counter.

My last 100% playthrough had a Game Over count of 3, all from manually saving.
>>
zelda 2 = butt
>>
File: moachan.jpg (60 KB, 644x960) Image search: [Google]
moachan.jpg
60 KB, 644x960
>>3311508
>Fuck Moa's

watch your mouth
>>
>>3311508
Wonderful game. I hope the new Zelda game will be as challenging as Zelda 2 but I'm afraid that won't happen.
>>
>>3314187
It probably won't be too challenging just because that really isn't the direction of Nintendo games these days (outside of special levels which can in fact get pretty tough), but the apparent ability to stumble into a OHKO miniboss pretty early on would indicate that it won't necessarily br a cakewalk.
>>
The worst thing about the game is that there's no sort of warp whistle or something, coupled with being respawned back to Zelda's resting place at game over.

The game was merciful enough to make the final level the one exception, but just getting to the final level is almost as much of an ordeal as the final level itself.

If this game was re-made with no changes other than a proper save points, warp points, and a metroid style map system for the palaces, it would be a cake walk.
>>
File: received_1556535657983366.jpg (67 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
received_1556535657983366.jpg
67 KB, 960x540
So... This my progress.
>>
>>3311508
Finally getting the feel for first Zelda and blazing through it, probably gonna try this one next (LttP was my first). I wonder if I'll actually like it.
>>
>>3311816

My last playthrough I wasn't even really trying that hard for a no gameover run and I managed to do it. The only part of the game that even gives me trouble anymore is the great palace (and the path leading up to it), so I anticipated that I would need as many lives as possible for that part. Whenever I came across a 1up life, I'd write down its location and wait till the endgame before going to collect all of them. All of the other 6 palaces are easily beaten just by not playing badly and using all of the resources the game gives you.
>>
>>3314331

The overworld is very quick to navigate through, so I don't see what the problem is. After you open up the shortcut letting you skip death mountain, it never takes more than a few minutes to get anywhere in the overworld from the starting point..
>>
>>3311631
His at home what?
>>
http:\\ItsDangerousToGoAloneTakeThis.com
>>
>tfw did a no game over run for the first time

The Great Palace really isn't that bad once you know the way through by heart
>>
>>3314359
>attack not at 8

You're doing it all wrong, you spec into attack right away and leave palace 1 with 4 attack.
>>
>>3316882

This

I am always confuse when i see people have more magic or life when playing Zelda 2. Because you either have to skip a lot of encounter or have drawn out and tedious fights with enemies.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.