[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the comfiest J-RPG? I'm looking for something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
What's the comfiest J-RPG?
I'm looking for something from 16 and 32 bit era. Could be newer ones too as long it's on PC. (My hardware sucks)
>>
>>3311046
Breath of Fire 3 is pretty comfy. If you have a PSP, Mana Khemia also fits that role.
>>
>>3311051
I don't have any console but i can emulate PSP.
>>
Probably Legend of Mana.
>>
Nothing ever outcomfies me than Secret of Mana.
I've loved this game for 23 years and you contrarian toddlers will never be able to make a dent in my appreciation for it.
>>
I want a J-RPG with the comfinest of Minecraft :D
>>
>>3311046
Monstania.
>>
Rhapsody is cute and campy as fuck. It's a bit on the easy side and short, though.
>>
File: Ctmapscan.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ctmapscan.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>3311046
This obscure little gem is guaranteed to sate your appetite for comfort.
>>
>>3311046

Most dragon quest games.
>>
>>3311046
Stop playing JRPGs.
>>
File: 777572-chocobo_dungeon2_ps_us.jpg (64 KB, 640x645) Image search: [Google]
777572-chocobo_dungeon2_ps_us.jpg
64 KB, 640x645
>>3311046

Who is this spunk monk?

And to answer your question, the Chocobo series is quite comfy. Deceptively hard though.
>>
>>3311046
Mother 1, 2 and 3.
Id also say Chrono Trigger
>>
>>3311798
This. I am rocking dragon warrior 2 on the nes right now and I love it. Takes me back to my younger days.
>>
File: Dragon-Warrior-VII-5.jpg (50 KB, 510x444) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Warrior-VII-5.jpg
50 KB, 510x444
How is Dragon Quest VII when emulated?
>>
>>3312624
I know this I still have my ps1 memory card with 917h and 33m but don't have a copy of the game anymore sad days
>>
>>3312624
A few years back the game was playable but could crash as soon as you beat the final boss. Most maddening. I've never seen the ending because of that, though I earned it. I would think that problem long resolved and the game should run well in modern emualators.
>>
>>3311792

I hope you're being sarcastic when you call CT obscure lol
>>
Dragon Quest 3 and 5
The whole series is focused on episodic, emotional stories, it's very comfy.
>>
>>3311778
I love Rhapsody anon. It's increadibly girlish, but does it with such sincerity that it becomes charming. It's my favorite wintertime jrpg. I only played the DS remake though. Is the original ps1 battle system better?
>>
>>3311046
Chrono Cross. Ignore people who say this game is bad. The atmosphere is pure comfiness.
>>
File: 2372026-2.png (72 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2372026-2.png
72 KB, 320x320
Try Hourai High if you want a goofy slice of life rpg.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.