[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1CC / Arcade Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
ITT discuss classic arcade games you've either beaten or have attempted to beat on a single credit (like God intended). Anything you're stuck on? Particularly proud of? Share with us.

I've been working on a few arcade ports, but the ones I've been stuck on lately are Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, two excellent games I unfortunately suck at. Hope springs eternal, but I'm still at the stage where I die pretty early on pretty consistently.
>>
>>3310909
>arcade ports

why not just play the arcade originals
>>
>>3310909
Those are on my list. I had a Tower of Doom machine at the local pizza joint (as well as a Star Wars pinball) but I sadly barely ever got out there and now it's gone.

I'm stuck on Night Slashers right now. I've 1CCed a few console titles, but arcade games remain elusive.
>>
Time Crisis 2, 4, Razing Storm
House of the Dead 1-3
Mushihimesama
Dodonpachi
Raiden Fighters

All I got, nothing impressive.
>>
File: brazzers.gif (89 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
brazzers.gif
89 KB, 240x320
>>3310909

I'm guessing fighting games don't count, so mine would be relative oldies such as Super Pang and Snow Bros; I could also do Metal Slug pretty comfortably later (X most of the time as well), but only after practicing with the PS1 ports, which probably counts as cheating as I didn't invest a king's ransom in the gud gitting process.
>>
File: outrun-431.jpg (39 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
outrun-431.jpg
39 KB, 431x300
I've 1cced Outrun a bunch of times :^)
>>
70 or 80 games so far, the last one was Kengo from Irem, nice spiritual sequel to Ninja Spirit, but not as good nor challenging. Proudest clears would be Raiden, Battle Garegga and Warriors of Fate i think.

For Tower of Doom i recommend you Fighter OP, great reach, damage and HP. For SoM play a Cleric, corner the enemies with some lame juggle combos and cure yourself.

>>3311431
That's actually pretty good.
>>
>>3311018
as long as he isn't playing the Saturn ports he's alright
>>
File: sonson.jpg (22 KB, 188x267) Image search: [Google]
sonson.jpg
22 KB, 188x267
>>3310909
Haven't really done it before but I'm practicing to do SonSon first.
>>
>>3311378
Are you by any chance from the Balkans?
Because you sound like literal definition of everyone's childhood here in term of arcade games including everyone trying to 1cc different versions of King of Fighters.
>>
Could never do Metal Slug even with a friend.

should I end my life y/n
>>
>>3311475
I got banned 2days ago for very sarcastically suggesting someone kill themselves for modding a gameboy, so my answer is no don't do it you have so much to live for.
>>
>>3311450
I have only so far done it on easy but I keep the traffic setting on medium. For as much as I have played it's still a tough game.
>>
>>3311480
you sound salty and underage.
get over it.
>>3311475
All I can say is practice.
First MS is by far the easiest so I recommend to stick to it.
I was able to do it with my younger brother long time ago and it didn't take us a long time to master it since we were 24/7 together and knew what the other one was thinking.
I'm sure you guys can do it to just practice more and observe.
Most of the game is heavily uniformed and not randomized.
Bombs do best damage to bosses.
>>
File: fukken classic.jpg (480 KB, 1000x1192) Image search: [Google]
fukken classic.jpg
480 KB, 1000x1192
I failed to 1cc Metal slug 3 again today. Lost my last credit to Allen.

Maybe someday..
>>
File: ca_058.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ca_058.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
>>3311507
*Last credit = last life
>>
File: 1cc Ghosts 'n Goblins.png (669 KB, 1125x868) Image search: [Google]
1cc Ghosts 'n Goblins.png
669 KB, 1125x868
>>3310909

I've attempted to do it since then but I doubt I'll ever accomplish this again.
>>
Those who have 1CCed an arcade title: what was the game, and how long did it take? Was it the first game you attempted to 1CC or did you jump around between a few games first?
>>
>>3314246
It depends on the game, easy games take 1 or 2 days, medium difficulty game 1 or 2 weeks, hard games month(s). Most of the games i've 1cc'd are medium or easy.
>>
>>3311520
Go for the third loop!
>>
>>3314489
Like I said I'll be lucky to ever finish a second loop 1cc again. The first loop isn't too bad, but I always lose my nerve on the second one.
>>
I've been meaning to get into 1CCing.

I've just been playing my arcade games casually occasionally with friends.

Where do you guys think I should start with a 1CC?

Jamma
>Sunset Riders
Neo Geo MVS
>Bust a move
>Crossed Swords
>King of Fighters 02
>Magical Drop 2
>Magician Lord
>Metal Slug 1, 2, 3, 4, X
>Samurai Shodown 2
>Sengoku 3
>Shock Troopers 2nd
>Spin Master
>Strikers 1945 PLUS
>Windjammers
>>
File: PicsE52089.jpg (302 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
PicsE52089.jpg
302 KB, 1536x2048
Double dragon - Snow Bros - Bad dudes vs dragon ninja - Tumblepop

Not counting several fighting games like MK, SF2 and KI
>>
>>3314521
Sunset Riders and Shock Troopes 2 are easy so try that. The hardest stuff there probably is Winjammers, Sengoku 3 and the later Metal Slug games.
>>
Splatterhouse, which is not harder than a lot of console games.

I did Space Harrier on 3DS but I used (mid speed) autofire, and it took me forever.

I've tried a few other games but I'm too bad. I will never have a big list. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>3314558
Windjammers is hard as fuck, I can definitely attest to that.
>>
I've 1cc'd gradius, but gradius 2 is too hard for me to clear.
>>
Currently trying to 1cc Ninja Spirit, shit is tough.
>>
>>3310909
Arcade games weren't intended to be 1cced. They were intended to EAT ALL YOR MUNNY
>>
File: Nightslashersgotohell.gif (65 KB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
Nightslashersgotohell.gif
65 KB, 240x135
After some practice I made it to the fourth level bossfight on one credit in Night Slashers using Hong. The rest of the game doesn't seem too bad if taken very slowly.
>>
>>3317279
Tons of them can be 1cc'd after enough practice, your early credits are pretty much and investmen to git gut until you can 1cc it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.