[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Valkyrie Profile? One of my favorite RPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: vp.jpg (300 KB, 850x1062) Image search: [Google]
vp.jpg
300 KB, 850x1062
What are your thoughts on Valkyrie Profile?

One of my favorite RPGs
>>
>>3310641
Way too early in the thread for bait this low-effort. You can do better
>>
Couldn't get into the series. Shitty localization put me off. I don't know what the localization department over at Enix was smoking during the fifth gen, especially considering their earlier localizations were nowhere near as bad.
>>
>>3310639
I thought it was pretty good, but the random crashes in the Seraphic Gate drove me up the fucking wall. Voice acting ranged from good to hilariously bad. The gameplay was pretty repetitive, but fun. Actually being able to explore dungeons a bit instead of running from point A to point B like in most RPGs was nice.

One of the few games I've played with inverted difficulty. Hard mode was the easiest.
>>
>>3310639
Played it on the PSP and loved the game. An RPG with actually fun combat and no random battles! Sign me up.
>>
Loved it. 2 was meh. Still waiting on a Hrist standalone.
>>
Jelanda and Nanami are best girls.
>>
a new game is coming out later this year
>>
Where is the Hrist game?
I want my black goddess to stomp some mortals!
Lenneth a shit!
>>
>>3312446
You mean the mobile game?

Cause its pretty mediocre to be honest, at least from what I've played
>>
>>3313424
nah, exist archive
>>
I know the basics of Japanese, but I still don't know any Kanjis, so I might as well emulate this game in its original format and read Japanese and learn as I play~

Could be fun.
>>
File: 1437318747176.jpg (332 KB, 722x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437318747176.jpg
332 KB, 722x1000
It's fucking great.

But I really, really wish you could skip those eternally-long cutscenes. And the voice acting was shit most voice acting is shit though
>>
>>3310639
I loved it. I first played it only about two years ago but it's definitely one of my favorite games. Great atmosphere, I really liked the little Einherjar stories (hearing that 2 didn't have them has made me postpone playing it) and the OST was fantastic. I just thought that the true ending went a bit too heavy with anime tropes.

About the voice acting, I actually kind of liked it. Lenneth's in particular was great. The only voices that I thought were unforgivably excruciating to listen to was Loki's, Lezard's and Llewelyn's. The kid that killed Yumei's VA was pretty horrible too but I think he had the same VA as Llewelyn anyway.
>>
>>3310639
I loved it. I literally only played it because the soundtrack was composed by Motoi Sakuraba, but I wasn't disappointed. It was really damn fun, and the combat was very innovative and well executed. The dungeons are also very interesting because of the different gimmicks. Also, the story was pretty cool, and I'd love to play the other VP game but unfortunately I don't own a PS2 and my computer is a piece of shit that can't emulate it at more than 5 FPS.

>>3310686
>random crashes in the Seraphic Gate

Were you emulating it or something? I played the game like 3 times (one for every ending) in my PS1 and the game never crashed. Maybe it's like Xenogears where it crashes on a boss fight on emulator, but works just fine on the real console.
>>
>>3315856
>Lenneth's in particular was great

I really liked her voice too, except for the few emotional moments Lenneth had where the voice still sounds uncaring
>>
>>3316360
>Were you emulating it or something? I played the game like 3 times (one for every ending) in my PS1 and the game never crashed. Maybe it's like Xenogears where it crashes on a boss fight on emulator, but works just fine on the real console.

I was playing it on the PS2, but a friend of mine who played it on a PS1 had the same problem. In fact, we both found it kind of funny, because when we were playing Star Ocean 2, we had the exact same problem in the Cave of Trials. Random crashes after battle.
>>
>>3317291
To be more specific, we ONLY had the crashes after battle occur in the Seraphic Gate. They never happened in the main game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.