[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does this logo mean? It has made appearances since the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Smash_Logo.png (48 KB, 1876x1876) Image search: [Google]
Smash_Logo.png
48 KB, 1876x1876
What does this logo mean?
It has made appearances since the first game and no official explanation has ever been given.
>>
>>3310369
Do you have to assign meaning to everything? It's just a fucking logo.
>>
>>3310369
It's just that, a logo.
As far as I know it has no meaning other than being a logo for smash. It probably was going to be for the original game before nintendo decided that using characters from their other IPs was a better idea (The beta testing version used their other IP's models as stand ins)

It does kinda look like the twinkle as your character gets blown off the screen though.
>>
Japan + Scandinavia maybe?
>>
>>3310369
it's an x, a cross

crossover
>>
File: 2362311-2362307-nes_tennis.jpg (255 KB, 1522x2152) Image search: [Google]
2362311-2362307-nes_tennis.jpg
255 KB, 1522x2152
>>3310369
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (68 KB, 1083x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
68 KB, 1083x480
>>3310369
>>
Its the upcoming NX logo
>>
>>3310724
>SPORTS
>>
>>3310750
>that tissue box
What character was he jerking off to?
>>
It's the explosion of two characters being blown off screen.

One being blown the left or right side of the screen and one being blown the the top or bottom side of the screen.
>>
>>3310369
It's a smash ball. You probably only first saw it in Brawl but everyone whos dad worked at Nintendo had special copies of the previous games that included it.
>>
>>3310750
shit I think you may be right
>>
As someone who never got the appeal of smash, I always think thats the fantastic four logo.
>>
It's the sun showing through the windowpane from the first game's intro. I thought this was common knowledge by now.
>>
>>3312354
Samus, obviosuly
>>
>>3313792
You gotta remember, this board is full of kids that were sucking on their momma's tits when the first game came out.
>>
>>3310395
woah
>>
>>3313815
I was born in '95 and never even had a N64, but I still know this.
>>
>>3310724
I wonder when Tennis Man will make his breakout role in a smash game
>>
>>3313826
Same here
>>
I's just a logo. The original opening just shows a circle getting cut by two streaks of light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i5VGZq3KjM
>>
My theory is that it's Japan's rising sun.
The original pre-Smash beta (Dragon Fighter or whatever) had Mt. Fuji as a background.
>>
>>3312354
You can see the Mario doll on his desk can't you?
>>
I thought it was supposed to symbolize a crossover or something like that, since it has a cross on it.

They said the same thing about the X in Brawl's japanese title.
>>
It's the number 4 in negative space. Easier to tell when it isn't cropped so tight.
>>
>>3310369
It represents inequality in this world.
>>
wanted to share this here since its relevant
hope you like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9K_lgsKx4I
>>
>>3313223
You're joking but they did want final smashes to be in the first game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_sVXdjakqU
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.