[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you there is a market for 2D HD remakes of NES games? like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1464300021000.jpg (29 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1464300021000.jpg
29 KB, 429x410
Do you there is a market for 2D HD remakes of NES games?

like kof 13 but for zelda 1 and castlevania 1?
>>
>>3309584
Do you think *
>>
There's at least 3 made every year, dumbass.
>>
>>3309591
care to show me 2D HD remakes of NES games then?

>inb4 3D low poly trash
>>
Not NES but megadrive. Two wonder boy remakes.
>>
File: key-art-2.jpg (215 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
key-art-2.jpg
215 KB, 1280x800
>>3309593
>>
>>3309605
That's a re imagine of a c64 game that was a clone of a nes game.
>>
>>3309584
Yes, but they go straight to mobile games. Look at the FF HD remakes for iPhone and Android.
>>
>>3309605
Fuck 2.5D

I hate it. Keep 2D games with 2D graphics
>>
A boy and his blob on wii
>>
The 'HD' ship has sailed, I'd be a lot more interested in versions that keep the graphics intact but convert the aspect ratio to 16:9, sort of like Mario Maker looks.
>>
>>3309584

Since KOF13 wasn't a remake, a better comparison would be Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD remix.

That was ST with HD graphics overlayed. Same frame data (with slight adjustments) and an arranged OST.

The main problem with that though was the art wasn't very good and the frames of animation could be no different because it had to match the frame data. So it just feels like the same game with a superficial paintjob.

I suppose frame adjustment wouldn't be an issue for singleplayer games but then there's lot of other issues, like do you scale the entire display for widescreen and keep the same map screen dimensions or do you extend the visible area but keep the same scale?

Each "room" in zelda was designed for 4:3, do you change that and redesign accordingly?

Seems like a lot of work for not much reward.
>>
I would be interested in such things, with 'original mode, and then a buffed up 'game+' version with new content, better graphics, autosave, etc...

I see no downside to this, they already have half off the work done for them
>>
>>3309787
like Sonic CD and Wild Guns Reloaded?
>>
>>3309584
Zelda 2 plox
>>
File: screenlg5.jpg (379 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
screenlg5.jpg
379 KB, 1000x562
>>3309605

Double Dragon Neon is another recent example.
>>
>>3310786
Shame it's not even CLOSE to how the original played.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.