[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raspberry pi3 for emulators ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 510uxr1FUNL._SY400_.jpg (50 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
510uxr1FUNL._SY400_.jpg
50 KB, 500x333
Thoughts on this for emulation ? Anyone have one ?

How hard was it to set up?
>>
>>3306617
Have a rpi, emulated on it once. It's alright but honestly pretty shit overall. Better off building a computer for it or just getting the consoles. Might be alright for older harder to find things. Also I prefer playing games on a crt and the pi has absolutely terrible composite output
>>
>>3306617
Seems okay, it's like my "lazy" setup when I don't want to Tate monitors or hook PCB's/consoles up. I use Lakka and it's okay for most pre-1999 anyway. Wifi was the only "complicated" thing because terminal commands but that shit is in the tutorial. Bluetooth is super simple pairing. But desu if you play on a CRT the wii is pretty good if you don't mind a lot of things. And if you do mind a lot of things maybe just forgo the emu.
>>
Have that exact setup on composite. I use retropie 3.8. Easy to do if you can handle basic Linux commands. Follow the wiki, most complicated thing to do is find proper BIOS files for a couple emulators, which isn't hard at all. Works pretty well, especially for gaming with nonautist friends. I'm a collegefag with no space or cash for a real collection, so 50 bucks on a dedicated emulator "console" is a good deal.

It isn't purist, but idgaf if I can just pick up and play any of my old vidya
>>
Why do we get like 10 of these shill threads a day?
>>
>>3306617
They're shit, get a pc.
>>
>>3306628
you have an rpi thats weak as shit compared to rpi3

>>3306705
nah they're good for any console worth playing.
>>
>>3306726

>nah they're good for any console worth playing.

Could you be any more transparent? Fuck off already, shill.
>>
pi shill pls go
>>
>>3306617
no 240p RGB output
>>
>>3306726
>nah they're good for any console worth playing.
Imagine being this delusional.
>>
Raspberry's are nice for ease of setup and the community but if you want a more powerful hobby board the Odroid Xu4 is where it's at. I enjoy the boost in performance.
>>
You should only buy Nintendo-produced products.

That is the only legal means of acquiring them.

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.