[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cart shell touchups?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: s-l300.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
Hi /vr/, got a question

Through a friend's brother I've recently come into possession of a sizable box of genesis games. They all play just fine (aside from Virtua Racing, can't get get that to work on anything) but the carts themselves are in pretty bad shape. Most of the labels are bubbling, stained or otherwise damaged, and some of the carts have deep scratches or gouges.

Is there a solution to this beyond "buy another cart of the same game"? They work just fine, just I don't know if there's a market for actual cartridge shell and/or label replacements.

Image pictured isn't mine, just something I grabbed
>>
>>3305216
>Is there a solution to this beyond "buy another cart of the same game"?

No. You could consider printing label replacements, but that's going to be a costly setup in itself.

I don't think Genesis labels were of particularly good quality in the first place. They seem to fade and peel from the slightest bit of handling.
>>
The dimensions and pictures for the labels can be found online for replacements. There's no "market" for it, because a replacement label makes the game no longer a collectible. But the resources are out there to do it yourself for a replacement.
>>
Actual discourage practice due to purists.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.