[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me. Just being the best Mario game ever. >inb4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SMW2.jpg (80 KB, 660x463) Image search: [Google]
SMW2.jpg
80 KB, 660x463
Don't mind me. Just being the best Mario game ever.

>inb4 SMB3 and SMW faggots argue over diverse stages versus open-world design
>>
I'm probably tied between SMW and Yoshi's Island.

3 is just okay for me. I prefer the hidden exits of of World over the abundance of scrolling levels in 3. I think SMW is just a lot tighter as a platformer.

Personally I played 3 and SMW first on neighbor's consoles as a boy. I played Yoshi much later. Yoshi's Island is an awesome example of a late-gen SNES game.
>>
It's neither a good game nor a Mario game.
>>
>>3303572
I like it, but there's one thing I dislike. it's too easy, specially the bosses.

gave a try a few weeks ago and got bored because of how easy it was. At first I thought that maybe it was because I was on the first levels of the game, but then after playing the 3rd tab of the map, shit was still easy in comparison with the other mario games such as Super Mario World.
>>
>>3303572
>open-world design
Gonna have to elaborate on this

As this is contrary to my understanding of open world design

My understanding of open world comes from rouge-likes such as Elona and Dorf Fortress
>>
Can't seem to sell it for my price
>>
>>3303598
It literally says "Super Mario World 2"
>>
>>3303648
I wouldn't consider what OP was referring to about Super Mario World to be "open-world". I think a better way to describe it is that the progression from level to level is nonlinear.
>>
File: I had to upscale this, sorry.png (557 KB, 836x478) Image search: [Google]
I had to upscale this, sorry.png
557 KB, 836x478
>>3303685
just because it says "Mario" on the cover or has Mario in it does not make it a true Mario game

Though I do appreciate them giving Yoshi his own game
>>
>>3303685
That was the name slapped on the box in the West to try to trick people into thinking it was a sequel to SMW.
>>
>>3303572
The World games are too fucking easy, and only pick up in difficulty if you do the extra stages. The Famicom games had a much better consistency in terms of challenging the player, especially 2J.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.