[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 1,2, and Tactics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout2front.jpg (258 KB, 800x832) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258 KB, 800x832
Classic Fallout thread? Discuss the older entries of the Fallout franchise here.
>>
File: Fo2_Ghost_Farm.png (1 MB, 2558x1583) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Ghost_Farm.png
1 MB, 2558x1583
Ghost Farm is probably the most spooky location in any videogame imo
>>
>>3303616
Ghost farm freaked me out too
I had no idea what was going on
>>
I've put over 2000 hours into Fallout 2. I've never actually finished fallout 1 because of lack of content.

Should I feel bad about this?
>>
>>3303670
Fallout 1 is much tighter as a story imo and a good game either way, its far shorter than FO2 anyways so you cna just play the main story and beat it quick
>>
>>3303695
That 500 day time limit is also a thing, but if you can't complete the main quest in under 500 days you're a retard
>>
>>3303616
I found it pretty underwhelming to be honest.

Actually when I went back to the game recently, a lot of it wasn't really as deep or as skillful as I thought it was.
>>
File: Fo1_Glow_Townmap.png (108 KB, 464x361) Image search: [Google]
Fo1_Glow_Townmap.png
108 KB, 464x361
>>3303616
Honestly The Glow was the creepiest location in the original games for me. It doesn't help that the place can kill you if you stay too long.
>>
>>3303706
the time limit is super long as you said and you can extend it as well.
>>
>>3303670

I was in a similar boat to you, somehow picked up Fallout 2 way back in the day but never got around to playing 1. So I recently went back to it.

I can agree with that other guy it's got a tighter story, but where it really trumps Fallout 2 for me is the overall tone. Sure there's some humor in the game, but it's not as riddled with references and ridiculousness like Fallout 2 can be. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think that's a problem in Fallout 2, it's just that 1 goes for a more serious, consistent tone and achieves it.

And you're right, looking at 1 there's a lot less to do than in 2, but it laid the groundwork that 2 is built on. There was enough there to keep me going and it really didn't take too long to get through. I went with a pretty straightforward small guns / lockpick / speech build and sold everything I found to the library in the Hub for science and repair books, I ended up talking my way through the end of the game at around level 12 or 13, I think.

This is getting a bit long but final thoughts: 1 has a better main story and tone, 2 is great for cruising the wasteland and dicking around.
>>
>>3303616
>>Ghost Farm is probably the most spooky location in any videogame imo
>Not the part where you open Vault 13 in FO2 and see Deathclaws every fucking where

Spooked my guts out
>>
>>3303893
Also talking about FO1's superior tone

Fallout 1: Deathclaws are scary as fuck monsters with no explanation to their existence
Fallout 2: Deathclaws are Disney characters that dindu nuffin (seriously, there's not a single evil intelligent Deathclaw?)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.