[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arcade Collections
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Does /vr/ bother with any emulated console arcade collections, or do you guys prefer your own emulation setup on your computers?

I've heard some bad things about the quality of emulation in some of these collections, namely that RNG might be fucked up. For instance, I think Gauntlet's code is supposed to generate levels in a random order, but the levels occur in a deterministic order on the collections instead.
>>
>>3303501
they run fine

sometimes they do remastered versions or in-screen cabinet borders, so be aware of what you are playing.

Most of the time it's an honest version though.

>In the case of Virtual racer I preferred the update

Atari, Midway, Tecmo, Konami, Capcom, Namco, Taito, Williams etc do some great compilations.

The Sega compilations can be updates, not sure if they let you play original.

My recommendation is the SNK, all that Neogeo greatness runs perfectly. Their Pulstar and Blazing-Star are almost better than R-Type. And if you haven't played Fatal Fury (the unofficial sequel to Street Fighter) kill yourself
>>
Depends on the collection.
That said, it was nice to finally be able to play Legend of Valkyrie in English.
>>
>>3303501
Paperboy is a little fucked up on that PS1 collection. Rest of them seem to play okay though. Although I've never played the arcade versions though.
>>
>>3305228
Why is it fucked up>
>>
>>3305234
The graphics in Paperboy in that PS1 collection look off. Like there's something wrong with it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.