[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you have an NES Advantage? What games did you use it on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 20160619_190203.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160619_190203.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Did you have an NES Advantage? What games did you use it on?

I refurbished mine just this weekend. I used to use it for everything. As an adult I now realize how terrible it is for most games, but for shooters, it's sublime. Kinda fun to use with arcade fighters like Ninja Turtles, too.
>>
>>3303449
Yes, I had one. I also used it for everything. We especially liked it because all you had to do was flip the switch and it was player 2.
>>
I never had one as a kid, but I have been debating buying one on ebay recently. So thanks for posting the relevant games behind the stick.
>>
>>3303528
They're pretty cheap as I recall. Do it before some YouTube celebrity makes a video about one and drives the price up to 50 bucks a pop.

Dragon Spirit in particular benefits from the turbo feature. Most bosses get absolutely wrecked in a matter of seconds.

>>3303490
Yeah, my brother and I didn't have any co-op 2-player games as I recall. Most were taking turns, so the switch was great. The switch also made bringing Zelda's save menu up really easy. Because we neglected them so much, our standard NES control pads are in like-new condition.
>>
File: U-027-H-00030-A.jpg (86 KB, 831x550) Image search: [Google]
U-027-H-00030-A.jpg
86 KB, 831x550
On the flipside, I also had this, but never really found a game that truly meshed with it, or that the Advantage wasn't better for.
>>
>>3303449
I had one of these and it had a short in it and it would electrocute me and my brothers lol
>>
>>3303541
It's really too bad that the SNES Advantage is rumored to be ass. Maybe that means the prices are low and I could pick one up cheap.
>>
>>3303547
That's not really something to "lol" at, anon.
>>
>>3303449
I use it sometimes when I want to do a buster-only Mega Man run.
>>
>>3303545
I had an advantage growing up but never a MAX. I see them all the time now and I always consider getting one because it looked so much cooler than the advantage, are they any good?
>>
>>3303449
>NES Advantage isn't best way to play.

I drop max score on Battletoads regularly on my advantage. Git gud.
>>
>>3303553
I just checked. It isn't really. I had a third party SNES arcade pad from when I was a kid, but I didn't have any games it worked well with, since most of my games were platformers. Since then I've picked up a few shooters and arcade games that I think it might work well with, but I don't really wanna pay $30+ for one.
>>
I had one, worked great for Pinball and Solar Jetman. Used regular pad for everything else.
>>
I liked it as a kid, but now that I've been using an actual stick for years I can't go back to it. Never realized how bad using rubber domes for arcade style buttons felt.
>>
Paperboy benefits from the stick.
>>
>>3303553
it's rubbish you're better building your own
>>
>>3303553
It works surprisingly well for aLTTP but >>3304025
is correct and you're better off building your own. Specifically, multi-console sticks are the way to go.
>>
>>3303581
I hate the MAX, personally. While the black outside circle of the d-pad can be used like the standard directions the red center piece has to be held constantly, otherwise it'd just fall, it doesn't "reset" back to that center position.
Or the only one I've had was broken. Either way, I don't really recommend it.
On another note, Gyruss with the NES Advantage is pretty much the only way to truly enjoy that game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.