[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GBC or SGB version of Donkey Kong Land 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dkl2.png (187 KB, 737x574) Image search: [Google]
dkl2.png
187 KB, 737x574
That's a though one. Both have obvious ups and downs. Neither is the one.
>>
I feel like they wasted the colors in the SGB version on the ui like the hearts and second character, when they could've used them better on the ingame screen, which managed the gbc better.
>>
File: a+right.png (40 KB, 663x541) Image search: [Google]
a+right.png
40 KB, 663x541
I always play the DKL series with the GBC. Put I prefer the red/green color palette.
>>
>>3302081
it's a good idea to avoid settings that use different palettes for background and sprites
>>
>>3302190
how do you mean?
>>
I could understand asking about 1 or 3, but 2 is just a downgraded DKC2 with no meaningful changes.
>>
>>3304440
1 is so boring, it doesnt matter if you play it on the original version on a super nintendo, the dkl1 on the gb or the country gbc version, it's always boring and lackluster.
>>
>>3302081

tfw Nintendo wasted slots on redundant palettes
>>
>>3304087
Take a look at the pic at >>3302081 If you look closely at A + up and A + right you see the sprites all use a different palette than the background. For example for A + right it's blue/green background and pink sprites. The problem is, some games may use sprites in unexpected ways. For example to cover parts of the background that the player can go through (hidden passages), or other surprises. With these palettes though, such things stand out. You see clearly pink walls next to green/blue ones? You can bet that wall is special in some form. If background and sprites used the same palette, you could not notice the special tile that easily
>>
>>3304440
I have a ton of nostalgia for DKL2 because I owned that (and DKL1) as a kid instead of Country, but you're absolutely right anon.
>>
>>3304812
Interesting. I always prefer to play in grayscale anyway, or if there is a sgb or even gbc version.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.