[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amiga Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: amiga1200.jpg (514 KB, 1280x791) Image search: [Google]
amiga1200.jpg
514 KB, 1280x791
Are you ready for brand new Amiga 1200 cases to be readily available once more, /vr/?

http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/06/new-amiga-1200-cases-exclusive-new-look.html

C64 welcome as well.
>>
File: mold4.jpg (86 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
mold4.jpg
86 KB, 1000x667
>>3301095
The new c64c cases in various colors have been made from the original molds.
>>
This is to replace yellowed cases I take it?
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=iNR5vxAR22A
>>
>>3302801
>Eric Schwartz
Oh...dear...god...no.
>>
>>3301095
I'd like the whole machine as a reproduction. My Amiga 1200 died a horrible death from a short. RIP.
>>
Compared to the NES the Amiga was shit.
>>
>>3304784
>still forcing this failed meme from another thread

>>3304769
I'm not sure if it would even be possible since the core Amiga chipset were made using the NMOS process which was already obsolete by the 80s but Commodore stubbornly clung to it.
>>
>>3304792
In theory it's possible to replicate the custom chips with FPGA. The only problem is the full specs aren't released, so projects like Minimig and MIST have to limp along by reverse-engineering.
Still they got pretty far, and the games compatiblity is very high. But those boards are currently geared entirely towards games, and I really want a general-purpose Amiga replica to use as normal computer (instead of having to constantly worry with old ones breaking, or only having emulation on modern PC). I'd like to expand RAM a bit and run various Workbench and development tools, just like on real Amigas.
I guess this case is a first step. Maybe some keyboards will be next.
>>
Oh fuck yes new keys! Just got my first Amiga (A500) and it's yellowed to shit, so this is exciting.

Any chance the 1200 cases are compatible with the 500? Or will I have to retrobrite it?
>>
>>3304792
It was HMOS actually; Commodore dropped NMOS in 1985.
>>
>>3309210
And how about an adapter to use modern SRAM in Amigas? The things used DRAM types that aren't made anymore and DRAM is not as reliable or power efficient, especially the old-time 80s-90s types.
>>
>>3309210
>theory it's possible but I don't know the spec
What if the spec includes stuff a FPGA can't handle? Granted it could be handled by other hardware in theory but it blows your theory.
Have a listen to a FPGA SID and see if you'd like to revise your theory.
>>
>>3313257
>Have a listen to a FPGA SID and see if you'd like to revise your theory

SID is impossible to accurately emulate because of the analog filters. Even on individual chips, they vary.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.