[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro Dating sims/visual novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: NP2_0012.png (65 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
NP2_0012.png
65 KB, 640x400
So to celebrate my new CRT VGA monitor, I decided to play some PC98 games. I installed Doukyusei and started playing for a while. It's pretty nice so far but I don't know if should be playing this or the Windows port.

Windows port butchers the art (like so many Japanese Windows ports) but seems to add some more things. Any input? Should I stick to the PC98 or bear with the Windows or any other version?
>>
File: Dokyusei.png (248 KB, 646x524) Image search: [Google]
Dokyusei.png
248 KB, 646x524
Which Windows port? There's several of them.
The recommended one is the DMM which is faithful to the PC98 original aside from offering multiple save spots and a map.
I don't think they butchered the art. They recolored the images instead of running them through a filter.
>>
File: I'm going to marry Suzuki Miho!.jpg (103 KB, 642x402) Image search: [Google]
I'm going to marry Suzuki Miho!.jpg
103 KB, 642x402
>>3300123
The first Windows port (the voiced one) butchered a lot of scenes and broke characters' personalities. It's about 75% as good as the original. If you want a voiced Doukyuusei, the Sega Saturn port is the best for that.
The DMM "Original Version" >>3300136 should be the same as the PC98 and DOS/V, just with recolored art, though I've not gotten around to playing it yet to confirm personally.
>>
>>3300536
you cant marry miho, she already belongs to matarou!
>>
File: smile.jpg (18 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
18 KB, 360x270
>>3300553
>you cant marry miho
I will!
>>
>>3300536
Saturn sounds good.
>>
You can check Japanese Wikipedia or EGS and hope there'll be a list of differences between versions.
>>
>>3300568
Is she autistic?
>>
Now I feel like playing these.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.