[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vectrex thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: vectrex.jpg (37 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
vectrex.jpg
37 KB, 600x400
Vectrex thread.
>>
EEEK
HELP
SPIKE
>>
>>3299270
Pretty neat machine, bought me a non-working one from a thift store for $5 with most of the original box. Had it working for a while but its having board issues.
>>
>>3299270
Oh hai mark.
>>
>>3299270
I want to pick one up, but they're fucking ridiculously expensive now.
>>
>>3299841
Vectrex prices dropped big time. Now that no e-celebs have been talking about it, it's down to the 270s. It was at one point around 400.
>>
Til vectrex box is a tardis.
>>
>>3299843
Wow, you're right. I can get one for like 280.
The games went down in price too.

What happened?
>>
>>3299891
>Now that no e-celebs have been talking about it
>>
Half of the worldwide demand for Vectrex consoles has to be rooted in CGR videos, I know it.
>>
I bought a working Vectrex and three games at a garage sale for $40 around 93-94. It stopped working about two years later and I put it into storage at my parents house with the assumption that I'd eventually fix it.

When I went to get all my stuff out of storage when I moved across the country in 2001, I discovered the box I had the Vectrex in was no where to be seen nor was the box I had my Atari 2600's and Intellivision with 100+ cartridges. My parents deny getting rid of everything, but I think they might have donated the stuff to Goodwill or something thinking I didn't want it anymore.

I refuse to buy a replacement given how stupid the prices for them are now.
>>
Classic Game Room and Ashens talked about the Vectrex and for a year or so the prices were insane.

Now that the Vectrex has dropped off playlists and isn't popular on Youtube for people searching for retro game stuff, the prices normalized. I would expect to reasonably pay around 200 dollars for a fully working, good condition, rare video game console from the 80s. And that's about what the Vextrex is now.

The games also dropped in price dramatically. No one fucking wants a Vectrex except hardcore collectors and actual gamers who want to play the games.

Lots of normies and stupid kids probably went out trying to buy one and got bored of it fast, too. I feel bad for my YouTube generation.
>>
>>3299919
broken ones are probably fairly cheap. The one you had in the 90s was broken, so it's only fair to replace it with a broken one
>>
>>3299926
How old are you?
>>
>>3299936
2000 years old.
>>
>>3299401
OH NO
MOLLY
>>
File: spike_small2.jpg (24 KB, 258x311) Image search: [Google]
spike_small2.jpg
24 KB, 258x311
>>3299945
DARN IT
>>
>>3299457
I wish Mark posted here. We'd be bros.
>>
Is is me or has there been an increase in 2nd gen console threads lately? I hope to god it never stops. Please keep making these kinds of threads /vr/!

If anyone is interested there is a Vectrex emulator. http://www.vectrex.fr/ParaJVE/
>>
I own one with a multi cart. The best game is the built in asteroids clone. Ive been thinking of getting rid of it,I dont play it, thing kind of sucks to be honest senpai.
>>
>>3300549
I'm going to start purchasing a few second gen consoles soon. I was born in 1990 so I grew up with 4th gen.
>>
I want to turn an Asteroids cocktail table into a vector multicade.
>>
>>3299270
By far the coolest retro gaming system.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.