[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning to play Fallout 1 for the first time. Any recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: play-fallout-1-in-windows-7.gif (157 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
play-fallout-1-in-windows-7.gif
157 KB, 640x480
Planning to play Fallout 1 for the first time.
Any recommendations for builds and/or mods to make the optimal first playthrough?
>>
High Agility, high intelligence, high perception
Average Strength, luck, endurance
Low Charisma

Take Gifted as a trait, you're good.
>>
>>3298246
these stats are good, but totally dump charisma and get luck to 8
>>
Is this game possible without powergaming your character? I swear I just get eaten by a swarm of bugs every time.
>>
>>3298397
yes. Given that you can beat the game without killing a single critter...
>>
File: humiliated.jpg (27 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
humiliated.jpg
27 KB, 948x711
>>3298219
Good luck OP, I was going to make a thread for this too because I always get wrecked and just give up.
>>
>>3298219
I was told for my first play through to do 10 Agility (means 10 action points) and tag Small Guns (can carry you through the game) and the first trait you pick should be...I forget. It's been months since I loaded up my file. I'm only at the Millennium Falcon bar in Junk Town.
>>
Dump charisma, it does practically nothing. In Fallout 2 it decides how many party members you can have, but in 1 it's useless.
>>
>>3298219
Fallout Fixt and High resolution patch help with new OS's.

Both Fallout 1 and 2 have unofficial patches to add removed content or fix errors that were never fixed by the devs.
>>
>>3298998
Don't forget the Fallout 2 content patch where the guy changed Unarmed to be shitty but didn't include his changes in the log because he knew people would call him on it.
>>
>>3299007
What patch? The RP or something less known? What exactly happened to unarmed?
>>
>>3298596
You what?
Fallout is probably the most approachable of the western RPGs....
If you follow common sense, it's a cakewalk.
Enough agility to max out your AP, Every skill into weapons whether its small, big, or energy, doesn't matter, in the end you'll end up with 200% in all three.
Rest of the skills apart from self healing are sub-obtimal.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.