[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have one of these? There's one sitting at my local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: PC-FX-Console-Set.png (246 KB, 608x599) Image search: [Google]
PC-FX-Console-Set.png
246 KB, 608x599
Anyone have one of these? There's one sitting at my local recycle shop for about $105. They look cool but from what I've read the library is lackluster.
>>
I've never played one let alone know of any games, but if it's in good condition id probably buy it anyway. if worse comes to worse you could resell.
>>
Is it really worth it holding onto for a few months in the hopes of possibly making $50?

I wouldn't bother with it unless you're a collector.
>>
>>3297550
Most of the games that sold the system in Japan were dating sims. Thus, unless you understand moonglyphs and like 90s-era dating sims, you probably won't like the majority of the game library. That being said, there are quality titles for the system that aren't dating sims:

http://www.retrogamer.net/top_10/top-ten-pc-fx-games/

Farland Story and Der Langrisser are probably my two favorites from that list.
>>
>>3297570
That's a damn shame. I can read a bit of moonrunes but I don't know if I care enough about 90s dating sims.
Seems all the decent games on it were also on other platforms too. Well, if its there in a month or two I'll grab it. Its boxed and everything so it'd be cool to have in my collection.
>>
>>3297550
Had one in mint condition with a few games, lost it with my N64 first, gen grey market PlayStation Sega Saturn... when I got kicked out of my old apartment... still hurts
>>
Buy it. Buy it now for the love of fuck please
>>
>>3297578
>PC-FX boxed
>not buying immediately

Wow holy shit where do you live so I can come and grab that?
>>
>>3297570
>>3297578
"Der Langrisser", aka Langrisser 2, is better on the Megadrive anyway.
>>
>>3297550
OF is full of shit.
>>
I'll be back here tomorrow to spread the word of OF.Goodnite faggots
>>
For that low of a price, you might as well buy it, though I hate to say that there is not that many games on it. Most are VN's and Hentai which require moon language experience to understand, but there's about a handful of actual games on there, though probably not as good as games on other platforms.

You're probably better off putting it on display or selling it off afterwards
>>
>>3297550

The most worthless object in the universe next to a teenage girl's first crush.
>>
>>3301063
In Japan. Is it that much of a find? I'll grab it next time I'm in there then.
I'll report back with pics if this thread is still alive.
I'm hoping it'll play burned CDs because I don't think there were any games present.
>>
From what I've heard of with this machine, the only must have games are Chip-Chan Kick, Choujin Heiki Zeroigar, Der Langrisser FX, and Kishin Douji Zenki FX: Vajra Fight.

Langrisser is also on the Genesis and SNES, and have fan translation patches.
>>
I have one, it has a great port of Strider
>>
>>3297550
the zenki game on it is fucking awesome and probs one of my fav games
>>
>>3297550
So the wiki says that it was completely 2d, in spite of launching after the ps1 and saturn, but that it can also display sprite at 30fps and had better FMV. I wonder how it stacks up to the saturn in 2d?
>>
>>3304216
The FMVs looks noticeably better, but the gameplay is difficult to compare. Maybe if the system had more support the 2D might have outshined the Saturn.
>>
>>3304216
The tech inside was old when it was launched. Its launch was pushed back so as to not split their market with the popular PC-Engine CD.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.