[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is SimCity for the SNES the comfiest videogame of all time? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: SimCity-Snes.jpg (195 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
SimCity-Snes.jpg
195 KB, 800x560
Is SimCity for the SNES the comfiest videogame of all time? I think so.
>>
>>3295767
I agree.
>>
>>3295767

yes
>>
SimCity 2000 was my first Sim game, and it seems it spoiled me. When I tried to play the SNES version is was 2boring4me.
>>
>>3295767
SNES Sim City is an insult to the original game. It just takes a huge stinking dump on what Sim City is about, adding bullshit like a definite goal and Nintendo ads
>>
File: FcoPkrG.gif (125 KB, 470x412) Image search: [Google]
FcoPkrG.gif
125 KB, 470x412
>>3296108
this
SC2k is my favorite in the series and the peak imo
>tfw we will never get Arcologies again
>>
roller coaster tycoon 1&2 along with (open) transport tycoon deluxe are more comfy imo, but sim city is certainly up there in the top 10
>>
>>3296662
Wow dude, calm down, it's just a game.
>>
>>3296819
it's a shit game, sullying a good game by stealing its name
>>
>>3296825
it's just the same game with no mouse controls and better graphics/music
>>
>>3296828
the sim is probably broken because the platform sucks for that task, it's littered with Nintendo ads, and it added fucking unlockables. What you call "better" I call "lower resolution", and dismissing no mouse controls is like saying a Rockband guitar is the perfect controller for GTA 1
>>
>>3296825
Shut up, faggot.
>>
>>3296836
wtf i didn't dismiss it. i was stating it as the one actual flaw
>abloobloo completely optional unlockables you can just ignore if you don't like
who fucking cares
>>
File: 1458518066327.jpg (44 KB, 493x495) Image search: [Google]
1458518066327.jpg
44 KB, 493x495
>>3296825
>stealing
>nintendo worked with maxis
>mascot based on Wright
>>
File: simcity-5.thumbnail.jpg (65 KB, 443x525) Image search: [Google]
simcity-5.thumbnail.jpg
65 KB, 443x525
>>3296836
Man, I sure love it when people have such strong opinions about stupid shit nobody cares about.
>>
>>3296825
TOP KEK
It's the only fun Sim City.
>>
>>3295767

greatest soundtrack of all time.
>>
>>3296662

wrong. original windows simcity is pure trash because of no rewards and no high level buildings.
>>
>>3296979
>original windows simcity
it's a DOS game

>no rewards
that's the point
>>
>>3296983
Were you were even calling the people that were kids playing the SNES game "filthy casuals" and "scrub plebs" when this version came out or did you adopt this autistic attitude recently from lurking and drinking toxic community kool-aids?

If you were the former, you wouldn't happen to have your usenet arguments from that time saved somewhere?
>>
>>3296836
>unlockables

Like in Simcity 2000 and every Simcity after it?

The only thing unique to SNES Simcity is fourth-tier large-footprint buildings, everything else is either just flavor or a backport from SC2k.
>>
>>3296836
I remember when I read how contrived the algorithm is for the SNES version - it broke the game for me. You can just put 2 blocks of road and rail next to each building and they'll thrive. They don't even have to be connected to each other.
>>
SNES Sim City is definitely comfy.
I could never get into any other Sim game other than that. I'm pretty sure Sim City paved the way for me being into RTS games, being able to build AND use an army and shit? Blew my mind.
>>
File: gothicvillage.png (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
gothicvillage.png
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>3298260
I realized I combined both, I just enjoy building medieval towns in AOE2 lately.
>>
It's definitely up there. That music, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOU5IhaaLxA
>>
Without a doubt the most comfy music ever.
>>
Honestly would love a screensaver of a city just starting and developing randomly. Game was really relaxing in general.

I mean, until some disaster hits your shit.
>>
>>3298236
>Backport

Are you retarded? Simcity on the SNES came out years before 2000. Future SC games implemented original features from Simcity SNES, not the other way round.
>>
>>3299449
I loved it when the "disaster" was a tornado out in the middle of nowhere that just burned itself out before it even got to your siddy.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.