[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey dudes, so I just go an Everdrive for my Gameboy. What i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: everdrive-gb.jpg (88 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
everdrive-gb.jpg
88 KB, 800x800
Hey dudes, so I just go an Everdrive for my Gameboy.

What is everyone's favourite must have play game for the GB/GBC? I've already filled it with a couple of hundred roms but that's a bit overwhelming. Anything I should try to play first?

This list was helpful
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Boy

But I'd like to hear what you guys have to say too.
>>
>>3295639
Link's Awakening (not DX, the original), Kirby 1 and 2, Mega Man V, the Oracle Series, Dragon Warrior III, Pokémon Red/Blue, Pokémon Gold/Silver, Mario Land 1-3 Wario Land 2
>>
>>3295652

>Link's Awakening (not DX, the original)

I've never played it but isn't DX just the original with color graphics? Does it gimp the game in some way?
>>
get the European version of Konami GB Collection Vol.3

it's got a cool Goemon game in it, way better than that other gb goemon game we got
>>
mario
>>
>>3295761
People think that the red robe is too much of an advantage. But that's bullshit. It's a singleplayer game ffs. One more dungeon = more fun.
>>
File: image.gif (20 KB, 432x263) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
20 KB, 432x263
Star Sweep - JP only arcade port of a great Tetris-like
Nail N Scale - platformer where you shoot spikes and can stand on them
Catrap - puzzle game where you can go back in time
>>
>>3295639
Put Shantae in and the Everdrive will have paid for itself, already. It's a fun game too, if a bit hard in the beggining.
>>
Zelda Seasons
Zelda Ages
Harvest Moon 1, 2, 3
Stranded Kids
Bubble Bobble
Dragon Warrior 1 & 2
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Super Mario Delux
Pokemon Gold and Silver
Metal Gear Solid
Trip World (rarest GB title)
Donkey Kong Country
Megaman games
The Hunt for Red October
Wario land

The gameboy library is vast, google the genres you like and gameboy, you'll find plenty.
>>
File: a0073416_19225615.jpg (9 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
a0073416_19225615.jpg
9 KB, 160x144
X is fun, especially if you've played it's sequel X-Scape.

It's got full 3d vector graphics!

It's in Japanese, but the menu and HUD is English, so once you figure out the controls it's pretty enjoyable.
>>
kirby star stacker OP, I've lost countless hours to that game, one of the best puzzle games on GB
>>
>>3295639
I just got my Turbo Everdrive and N64 everdrive.

I'll highjack this thread. I haven't downloaded roms in years so where should I get em?
>>
>>3296206

I just downloaded batch torrents for the gameboy ones. I don't know about Turbo or N64 for a bunch at once. A lot of rom sites are just one at a time.
>>
>>3296206
PCE: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/no-intro-complete-romset---nec-pc-engine-turbografx-16-2014-08-03/
>>
>>3295639
Is there any difference with the chinese clone other than not being able to update the firmware?
>>
>>3297338
They seem to break more often.
>>
Tetris Plus for it's puzzle levels, I'm stuck at lvl19 (on very hard)
>>
>>3295639
Does it work on the super game boy and give the custom borders and extras for the games that have them?
>>
>>3297338
>>3297454
Depends. Mine runs v3 firmware and works fine.
>>
>>3295639
Final Fantasy Legend II, probably the best RPG for the classic Gameboy
>>
>>3297338

If youre talking about the JackDIY, as far as I can tell it literally just an everdriveGB with a different sticker. The pcb looks identical, down to the krikz text.
>>
Here are some complete set's for the various flash carts. Just downloaded the gb one recently.
https://mega.nz/#F!dBcHTLJA!4E1fHpN1gZ9drbi5JEfUCw
>>
>>3295639

MGS Ghost Babel and Zeldas

GB was only good for tetris and pokemon
>>
>>3296206
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread
It does have duplicates in it, but I find it convenient to have little sub-lists of suggested entries ready for me, in addition to the alphabetical fullset.
>>
Cliffhanger.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.