[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Final fantasy 7 cost 145 million dollars >40 mil deve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: media_cloud_big[1].jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
media_cloud_big[1].jpg
153 KB, 800x600
>Final fantasy 7 cost 145 million dollars
>40 mil development
>100 dollars in marketing
>214 million in 2016 US Dollars
>remains the 4th highest budget game of all time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
>>3295428
worth
>>
>100 dollars in marketing

I assume you meant $100,000? The idea of such cheap marketing amuses me nonetheless.

Looking at the sheer amount of prerendered CG in the game you can see where the money went, that shit wasn't cheap back then. Toy Story came out a bit over a year earlier and that only cost $30 million. It was a super ambitious investment.
>>
>>3295469
He meant 100 million in marketing
>>
>>3295469
Nowadays, every single show aimed at toddlers and young kids is made with horrible CGI.
>>
>>3295472

That makes a lot more sense and that's certainly how I remember it, fucking game was everywhere. Billboards, TV spots, magazines.
>>
They spent more in marketing than development. What does this fact mean to you?
>>
>>3295524
Means they knew they had a hit on their hands and wanted to give it, it's best shot at victory
>>
>>3295524
They justifiably had a lot of stuff to market. Nowadays what FF7 boasted about is kind of standard and if you do boast about it you come across sounding like, ironically, a cheesy 90's ad. STATE OF THE ART 3D TECHNOLOGY! It was a huge investment so they went with a do-or-die type of marketing.
>>
and the game is still shit. wow
>>
>>3295574
t. summer
>>
>>3295574

t. hipster

Playing this game for the first time right now, pretty good. Really well paced to.

Except now I have to go catch a fucking Chocobo.
>>
>>3295574
>this game is older than me
Fix'd.
>>
>>3295578
>>3295587
>>3296192
muh best game ever, i cared about final fantasy even though i only know 7!
>>
>>3296217

t. butthurt hipster
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.