[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, WTF ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: craigslist-logo.jpg (11 KB, 400x146) Image search: [Google]
craigslist-logo.jpg
11 KB, 400x146
I've been dealing with this scenario all month. These CL sellers think everything retro is fucking gold.
> Seller: Well that's the price of X game on Amazon!
Me: Yeah well I have a prime membership and get free shipping, buy from a respected seller, and have a receipt for the transaction, and is covered by Amazon if shit dosent work. So why buy from you for the same price?
> Seller: Quit trying to lowball me!

I give up.
>>
>>3294905
Prime only applies to things "fulfilled by Amazon" so most independent sellers don't get the benefit.

Also

>Be that faggot who harasses sellers instead of just ignoring them if you don't like their prices
>>
>>3294924
Its called negotiating. You do it on CL. Welcome to America.
>>
>>3294924
There posts usually even say best price or will negotiate. If the seller dosent want to they usually say "firm" on price. That's not the issue. The issue is EBay and Amazon being used by people at fucking garage sales and CL as a price guide. My point being is that " yeah thats what Amazon sellers want for it but it dosent make it the price and if you want Amazon prices , fucking sell it on Amazon.
>>
File: 1464801331264.jpg (89 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464801331264.jpg
89 KB, 1920x1080
>>3294942
I always list my stuff on CL for less than ebay and amazon. I also say all prices are firm and to not try and lowball and niggers do it anyway. My stuff is like new also. Guarantee people are trying to lowball to flip that shit later.

Once burned twice shy OP. But some people are just stupid so you gotta deal. Also get a lot of kids just asking for the shit for free like I know them or owe them something.
>>
>>3295158
God I hope this is a bait post but it seems pretty authentic. If it is, I hope you get fucking buried with harassing emails until you gtfo craigslist. If you want to run a business, do it on a professional site. If you want to use craigslist or facebook, price your shit to go or be prepared to be called a dumb nigger which is what you are.
>>
>>3295162
Not him but why are you so burthurt? Do you own a game store and hate other people making money? I've recently sold a bunch of games as a lot on CL. Did the math and priced it lower than eBay/Amazon and made much more than if I was to sell to a retrogame shop. Its win-win for both the buyer and seller. If you think someone is asking too much then don't bother.
>>
There isn't even enough room in the market for small-scale craigslist-tier resellers to make enough profit to explain their existence.

There used to be a time that I "resold" games in the process of building my collection, not for profit. During the 2000s there was no shortage of people still getting "too old for gaming" and looking to dump their entire collection. You would go through it, add the games you wanted to your collection and get rid of the rest. I personally got some amazing games back then by putting up rare doubles on eBay and saying I would accept trades. I was the only person going that back then and apparently there were a lot of collectors that I guess didn't have any other trade opportunities. I actually offered quite low values but with today's ebay fees amounting to like 1/3 of final value, I could no longer afford to do that.

There was a brief period that between that and assembling bundles of common games that included tested, guaranteed consoles I was actually making a significant profit that I and other real enthusiasts just put right back into the process.

This pretty quickly, over the years maybe 2008-2012 tightened up that market and at the same time inspired a bunch of imitators who want to do it with those increasingly old games instead of embracing the method and applying it to newer games which there's still plenty of room to do, except basically all decent Gamecube games have to go into the "rare" category
>>
File: 1443292010281.png (55 KB, 219x400) Image search: [Google]
1443292010281.png
55 KB, 219x400
>>3295162
Wut? How is me listing prices LOWER make me the bad guy? Learn to read or get fucked.
>>
>>3295164
If you sold them quickly then your prices were correct and I have no problem with you. It's the niggers clogging up CL and even eBay and Amazon with games priced to sit that inflate the market. CL is for quick, local turnover. The one and only category of thing that is excusable to let sit on CL is shit that's too heavy to ship for less than 10% of its value.
>>
>>3295175
>5% lower than average high list price
At most your games should be priced at 2/3 of high sold price or 3/4 of median/low price minus shipping. The mere fact that you're getting more "lowball and kid" offers than selling guarantees that your prices are too high and you need to lower them or gtfo CL - if you can't or won't take that shit to Amazon or eBay and actually be competitive with the real, broad market then just give your dubs to the kids and gtfo the hobby entirely.
>>
I view Craigslist as a place to buy and sell between local individuals for fair cash prices on a "you get what you see, no returns, take it or leave it" basis. People trying to run a high-profit business with it, fill it with spam ads for their retail shop's buying or selling, or generally try to pull bullshit schemey-scammy nonsense to rip off someone for a few bucks to improve their eventual resell profits can fuck off.
>>
>>3295214
Craigslist is only really good for things that are too big to ship.

Its great if you can find a local deal, but the likelihood of finding a deal locally is slim. Much easier to buy online.
>>
>>3294937
Staying firm on an Amazon price doesn't sound like negotiating to me.
>>
I've had way, way worse of a time selling than buying. 20% lowballs, sob stories about how I should give them free shit, telling me one scratch means it loses 90% of the value, it's fucking ridiculous. Collectors are somehow both the cheapest and more wasteful people in the hobby.
>>
File: 1465649312676.jpg (62 KB, 412x600) Image search: [Google]
1465649312676.jpg
62 KB, 412x600
>>3295189
Who said 5% you shitdick? Look Mom, I'm projecting!

And who said anyone has to use Craigslust according to your rules? Jesus, kill yourself already.
>>
>>3295809
You were the one bitching about the offers you get. If your prices were set right you could smugly reply to lowballers "already sold"
>>
>>3295728
>I've had way, way worse of a time selling than buying. 20% lowballs
Yeah, pretty much this. The only use I see in craigslist anymore is getting a bunch of old CRTs for free/cheap before the supply totally dries up. Even then it can be hard trying to get the people posting the ad to actually respond or be home when they say they will.
>>
>>3295162
You sound like you need to take some time off, anon. Go to a park or a gym or something. This guy is exactly the kind of seller I'd like to see more of on Craigslist.
>>
>>3296409
Why? So you can drive halfway across town to wait in a shady parking lot for him not to show up? I'd rather keep my eBay watch list tweaked, get bleeps in my pocket when exactly what I want pops up and have it shipped to my door with all the buyers' protections in the world - and likely lower than that arrogant douche has his "less than Amazon" prices firmly set at. The only reasons you could want there to be more of him on CL is if you're samefagging, if you're stupid and/or at least shady enough to not have Paypal or possibly shady enough to rob them.
>>
>>3296424
Naw I prefer to use online resources myself. Prices too low on Craigslist are scams and prices too high aren't worth going after. But if more people were selling good condition stuff below online prices, I would definitely use it more.
>>
File: 20160520_143733.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160520_143733.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2988
Stick with Amazon kiddo.

Whaccha lookin' for? Can get you some Yo! Noids CIB for a good deal . . .
>>
>>3296407
Which appears to have currently dried up. Saw one CRT listed, and it wasn't even functional.

If anyone doesn't have a CRT, you might wanna grab one now, the market appears to be drying up quickly. I just got mine less than a full year ago, and there were more available then so I could afford to be picky.
>>
>give cell to craigslist guy
>it's clearly a flaming homosexual, with the girl hair and everything
>we're the same age, both in college, but we go to different schools
>he shakes as he shows me the games
>I take them and say thanks and pay him

>he starts texting me later, asking how I like the games
>he explains why he sold them and that he didnt really want to sell them

>literally asks if he can come over and play them sometime
>>
File: 1458671984257.png (371 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1458671984257.png
371 KB, 640x960
>>3296517
>he explains why he sold them and that he didnt really want to sell them

Uh. Why? You only imply and don't explain yourself.

You couldn't make a new friend?
>>
>>3296525
>>3296517

Not that guy but it's fucking weird.

I've bought stuff from guys who had wives making them sell their collections, guys who had to sell their stuff because they had babies on the way, or were doing it to pay for a wedding, or they were moving and didn't want to deal with it,

It makes it really awkward to buy. They're clearly giving you a call for help. "Save me" "Don't buy these please". The saddest part is they're always the best deals besides stoners.

I almost feel bad, like I'm doing something predatory. But at the end of the day, if I come to your house, I'm getting what I came for, regardless of what you say to me about it being your childhood favorite, etc.
>>
>>3296560
I wouldn't feel too badly about that kind of stuff. While I'm sure that really happens all the time, there's also a good chance that the seller really doesn't give a shit and is trying to get you to either throw in a few more sympathy bucks or scare you into upping your offer before he decides to just keep it or sell it to the mysterious "other guy from out of town" who is REALLY INTERESTED IN BUYING HIS STUFF FOR A PREMIUM,
>>
>>3296609
This. I chew up sellers and spit out the bones.
>>3296560
I make up for it by trying to save more than enough Anons on 4chan where I can't harvest their sorrow
>>
>>3296512
This right here. The pro monitor CRT market is irreparably fucked in my area and the average-higher end consumer model market is following suit.
>>
>>3296859
Once the fadfags latch on to something, it is only a matter of time before the market for that item spirals out of control. I'd not be surprised if within a few years, generic 15in+ consumer CRTs are going for $100 on ebay.
>>
>>3296517
Def sounds like he wanted to fuck you

or actually, which is more likely, he was really lonely and looking for a friend. Poor guy.
>>
>>3296884
Still the shipping for something like that would cost tons of money.
>>
File: 1465277454846.jpg (103 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
1465277454846.jpg
103 KB, 740x555
>>3296920
I mean, is the guy gonna rape him? I'd be interested in making a new friend. If he tries to stick it in my butt well . . . but maybe he's just a shit on his luck gamer.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.