[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some genres that you enjoyed when you were younger,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: gfs_45479_2_10.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gfs_45479_2_10.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
What are some genres that you enjoyed when you were younger, but now cannot stand.

I loved JRPGs and its sub-genres in the past, but now I cannot stand them..

Tried playing through Shining Force 2 a moment ago for nostalgia's sake, but literally could not be bothered to even get to the first battle. I just quit right there.
>>
>>3294791
I'm with you, famicom. These kinds of games seem like they can only be enjoyed when you're young or NEET. Becoming a fulltime wagey absolutely destroyed this genre for me.
>>
Platformers. I used to play a ton of them when I was young but now I just need more out of a game. Except MegaMan, he will never get old.
>>
>>3294797
>>3294791
Funny, when i was young i only could enjoy wRPG, now only jRPG. wRPG usually include big block of text, lot of exploration and complext game systems, whereas the japanese counterpart looks more balanced.
>>
>>3294791
Wrpgs
>>
>>3294814
>balanced

how so?
>>
>>3294791
>>3294797
It's not only about the free time, you become more and more engrossed in time managament as you grow older, so expending so much time with a single game you don't even have the patience to have fun with anymore feels wrong.

I'm unemployed myself, used to love the genre as a teen but I'm now in your same boat.
>>
>>3294853
Just compare for example Baldur's Gate to Final Fantasy. With the first one you have a lot of freedom, but most of the times is time you are spending doing nothing. jRPGs takes seriously the pacing: travel, dungeon, travel, settlement and repeat, and it never takes you too much move through every stage.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.