[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The rest of the game is okay, but who the fuck designed this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
The rest of the game is okay, but who the fuck designed this shit? The water combat is atrocious.
>>
>>3292578
i specifically haven't bothered playing the game very long because you start in the water.
>>
>>3292578
One of my favorite games of all time. Boy, does it fill me with joy to come to /vr/ and see an EVO thread :O

water combat is all about dashing, if you have pretty much any modern d-pad you won't be able to do it easily enough to clear the section without difficulty

also theres pretty much easily a best evolution in the fish stage. just most expensive everything more or less. beating the king kuralesche is just dodging dashing and biting once or twice
>>
File: 1460608096318.png (14 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
1460608096318.png
14 KB, 256x224
>>3292578
I have painful memories with the Yeti Mother.
>>
>>3293013
>dying with all those evo points instead of just healing the damage
>>
>>3293013
This game had some really bullshit bosses.
>>
true survival game
>>
I just got to the reptile part of the game and HOLY FUCK IS IT A NIGHTMARE. How long is it going to take my to fully evolve up with how BULLSHIT these enemies are?
>>
File: 1442254409672.gif (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1442254409672.gif
2 MB, 853x480
>>3293052

>birdman boss
>>
File: evo_3.png (149 KB, 708x499) Image search: [Google]
evo_3.png
149 KB, 708x499
You guys are aware that every time you evolve, you refill your HP, right?

Anyway even with that into account, evo points are limited and you can't keep evolving forever, I suffered the mommy yeti boss. The game is great at making you feel like shit sometimes, you hate the yeti mom, but when you kill her, you just realized you were a monster slaughtering a family of yeti.
The giant bee was also hard.

IMO the best thing to do is not evolve into human, ever. Get the secret stone inside the cloud maze and become a wyvern. You can mix the wyvern with other dino stuff like bigger jaws and horns. The horns come in handy because it's what you can use to refill your HP. The horns break with use, so simply use evo points to grow new ones.
>>
>spending an hour farming points on retarded enemies to get strong enough to progress

This game is grindier than most jrpgs.
>>
>>3294183

Most JRPGs are turn-based and require far more grind since they also use gold/$ apart from exp points.
E.V.O. is pretty straightforward as far as action RPGs go, I don't think it took me more than 8 or 10 hours my first playthrough. And I got lost a lot in certain dungeons.
>>
>>3294189
that fucking mermaid dungeon jesus christ

cool ass boss fight though
>>
Not going to lie, this game was gimmicky shit with no redeeming values.
>>
>>3294183
>>3294205
they're right

this game is literally Grinding: The Game

at least final fantasy has other shit you can do

all you do in this game is GRIND GRIND GRIND, nothing else
>>
>>3293019
I just grabbed some screenshot in internet.
I too using this evolve-healing trick, but this goddamn boss just spamlocked the clap attack until you die.
>>
I enjoyed the "Bad Ends" you could get by choosing to ally with the bosses in some of the eras.
>>
>>3294260
that's why you horse-kick her in the tits
>>
>>3294183
I really tried to love this game, but the grinding killed it for me.
>>
>>3294183
Someone should really make a romhack of EVO that makes it less grindy.
>>
>>3294170
Yeti Boss is easily beaten by using the Mammal's kick command.

Like insanely easily. You literally turn around and kick her over and over.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.