[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Day of the Tentacle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1360x768
Finished this absolute fucking jewel of a game the other day. I laughed out loud many times. This may be the best thing George Lucas has ever been lucky enough to have his name attached to.
>>
more like george mucus
>>
I grew up with this game and jumped on the remaster the day it dropped. Great game! It is a sequel though. The full original is actually in DotT. Use the computer in Crazy Ed's room to play it.

If you like this, try The Dig and Sam&Max Hit the Road.
>>
>>3292452
I've played the original MM. Liked it, but nowhere near as much. I'm actually about to try Sam and Max, but hadn't heard of the Dig. Thanks for the recommendation.

How do you feel about the remaster compared to the original?
>>
>>3292319
The best thing George Lucas had his name attached to is a tie between American Graffiti and Empire Strikes Back, and I'm leaning more towards the former because he didn't write or direct the latter.
>>
>>3292652
I was just trying to illustrate what a great game it is.
>>
I felt like such a retard when I couldn't figure out how to release the doctor from being tied up with red tape. This game puts you in a Wile E. Coyote puzzle solving mindset so the real-world solution to that puzzle was practically nonsense.
>>
>>3292663
Trying to remember. Do you send Laverne's scalpel back in time?
>>
Has there ever been another video game that used time travel as a mechanic as well as Day of the Tentacle?
>>
>>3292671
No, man, you just have to Untie him. No item needed. I forget the exact command though. Open? Use? Whatever, it was one of them
>>
>>3292680
That's the rope. You then take the rope and use it in the pulley.

I'm trying to remember how you take the tape off him once you get him downstairs.
>>
>>3292673
No. But some come close. Sheep Raider had a level where the solution involved time travel. majora's mask was okay, enh. They should have made a sequel not a remaster... :(
>>
>>3292684
Don't have to. Tape just falls off in a cutscene.
>>
I'm just here to remark how sexy that lady tentacle was.
>>
Ahhh Tim Schaffer, how much I wanted to be your bro, how great of a guy you were with this game. How awesome life was.

I remember, it was one of the first games I managed to run on my, at that time crappy 386. It told me that my conventional memory is low, but it still worked. Loved every second of it. Don't know how the remaster is, but maybe I'll check it out one of these days.
>>
I remember nagging my mum to buy me the compilation pack that included the CD-rom versions of this game, Sam and Max Hit the Road and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

My reasoning: if I got this compilation pack, I would never need to play another game again.

What a glorious company LucasArts was. Hard to think of it now, but there was a time when EVERYTHING LucasArts released was good.

Every single damn thing.
>>
>>3293023
George Lucas is a pretty good producer, and basically shit at everything else in life
>>
>>3293049
Says the guy who's posting on a Sri Lankan image board.
>>
>>3292319
Is this a hidden jewel?
>>
>>3293553
It's pretty well-known, but it's definitely a great game.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.