[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personally I think this is insane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: easteregg_dopefish_14.png (309 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
easteregg_dopefish_14.png
309 KB, 1024x768
1:20
9:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpiNDxssUL0

How the fucking fuck do you do that shit

I can't replicate anything

What the fuck

The jump at 1:20 I can practice for 3 weeks and I won't be able to do it
>>
File: 2004115193533_35.jpg (71 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
2004115193533_35.jpg
71 KB, 800x600
These guys are literally the best players in the world; there is a point where practice just isn't enough.
>>
>>3291692
speedrunners play these games and levels like autists, every single day, over and over again. the runner(s) making that jump probably has like 1000 hours on that level alone, no exaggeration.
>>
>>3291696
>Best players
Define best. Winning the game by avoiding every game mechanic doesn't feel like playing at all
>>3291714
I don't know why anyone would do that. I don't see the point in speedrunning.
>>
Why the way, i can't see how speedrunners are retro.
>>
>>3291724
>I don't know why anyone would do that.
I wouldn't do it either but I'm glad people like them exist because these runs are awesome to see. It's nice to see the peak of gameplay available in a single player campaign.

>I don't see the point in speedrunning.
Again I wouldn't do it but again I'm glad it exists. It's just another way to compete in video games and try to achieve a world record. Besides, games like Doom and Quake have always had a speed based component to them as they have the level timer at the end of each level. They wanted you to go as fast as possible.
>>
>>3291724
>Winning the game by avoiding every game mechanic
what the fuck? the guy in OP's video has clearly mastered Quake's game mechanics.
>>
>>3291735
>the guy
*or guys, if it's multiple fags, which it probably is
>>
>>3291726
>i can't see how speedrunners are retro.
Are you retarded? People have been speedrunning Quake and Doom since they were released. In fact these two games in particular were most responsible for popularising the concept of speedrunning in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun#History
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_notable_for_speedrunning
>>
>>3291737
QDQ was multiple guys, yes.

It was also really the first competitive full-game speed run challenge. Up until then people were only speed running individual levels of DOOM, QDQ was the first to compile their best times for all levels with carry-through into a single run.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.