[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
despite its (critical) flaws, this is the only Castlevania truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
despite its (critical) flaws, this is the only Castlevania truly worth a damn.

best music
best atmosphere
unique ambitious concept

if it wasnt for a couple critical flaws...wouldve been a HOF game
>>
>>3291621
>the only Castlevania truly worth a damn.
You took it way too far, Anon. It's just an "NES 2" comparable to Zelda 2 and SMB2USA
>>
I didn't have any complaints about CV2, aside from typical shit localization quality that plagued damn near every NES game ever released outside of Japan. The Famicom version is pretty awesome though.
>>
Simon's Quest is my favorite Castlevania game, but it's not like there aren't other good ones.
>>
>>3291665
I dunno as Castlevania bait goes this is decent
>>
Is the redux version worth it? I want to give this game another chance.
>>
File: 1413415521165.png (53 KB, 134x168) Image search: [Google]
1413415521165.png
53 KB, 134x168
>>3291621

>states the castlevania with the worst gameplay as 'the only Castlevania truly worth a damn'
>>
It is an 'old castlevania'. I like the open world concept, but it doesn't feel as exciting as others.
>>
>>3291698
back to tv contrarian.
also rlm fans are ridiculed for a reason but since you are new you still haven't caught up to it.
>>
File: 1373581350953.jpg (16 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1373581350953.jpg
16 KB, 350x350
>>3291763

The only contrarian is anyone trying to pass off this abomination of a game as the highlight of the castlevania series.
>>
I just want a chronicles remake of Simon's quest in the style of order of ecclisia.
>>
>>3291956
I'd play that. So would this guy >>3291691
>>
>>3291680
Quick question: has there been a fan patch that fixes that localization problem? I'd probably be willing to play it again if it wasn't deliberately trying to lie to me about stuff.
>>
>>3291984
That's the Redux version Anon was asking about. Still not perfect but better. Some people say it overcorrected and isn't mysterious ENOUGH i.e. "Go here and do this"
>>
>>3292008

being so mysterious that you need a copy of Nintendo Power to progress ain't a good thing
>>
>>3292015
Being able to buy upgrades with money earned from backtracking makes trial-and-error gameplay not completely maddening and once you've worked out the actual mystery you can replay for the good ending. People wanted more hours out of their $50 game then than people want out of their $0-$3 retro game now. Actually how much does Simon's Quest go for right now? Probably a surprising amount. I imagine it's the downloaders who least want to put 20 hours into it anyway.
>>
>>3292057
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/castlevania-ii-simon's-quest

$12 loose, but a staggering $340 is expected for factory sealed(worst part is, faggot will probably get it, too).
>>
File: 1452656554211.jpg (31 KB, 715x331) Image search: [Google]
1452656554211.jpg
31 KB, 715x331
>>3291621
>this is the only Castlevania truly worth a damn.
you messed up

all you had to say is that it was your favorite, but no you had to proclaim to be the proudest idiot in a town populated by 10 people at most
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.