[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games have that perfect slick control that makes you feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: gfs_40291_2_34.jpg (13 KB, 256x223) Image search: [Google]
gfs_40291_2_34.jpg
13 KB, 256x223
What games have that perfect slick control that makes you feel good when playing?
>>
Shinobi 3.
>>
my peenus weenus
>>
>>3291570
Magical Pop'n. It's like a good ninja gaiden
>>
>>3291570
Quake 1
>>
your mom
>>
Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind
>>
Super Metroid. Or any of the 2D metroids after Super Metroid.
>>
>>3291651
>>3291642
>>3291580
Jesus, summer cancer
>>
File: AlienSoldier-Stage2Boss.gif (105 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
AlienSoldier-Stage2Boss.gif
105 KB, 320x224
Alien Soldier. Once it clicks you feel like a god.
>>
>>3291668
Why is everyone on this board so uptight compared to other boards? I swear, half of you have no concept of sarcasm of irony and I blame that on autism, but then the other half of you seem to get majorly upset at anything that isn't super serious discussion, and I think that's just anger from sucking at fighting games and not having friends to play beat em ups with
>>
>>3291730
Not them but I've been here a while and among other boards and while I get what you're saying the examples you're backing up are just overly juvenile. Sarcasm and a sense of humour doesn't necessarily apply to the lowest common form of dick jokes and "your mom".

tldr the nature of a retro board generally means more adults with a higher sense of humor above a adolescent mentality
>>
>>3291730
It's a discussion board. Wouldn't you rather see some, you know, discussion, rather than the same tired old jokes and memes over and over again?
>>
>>3291730
Somewhere around the end of 2014, /vr/ managed to take away the coveted "easiest board to trigger" crown from /pol/. Which is sad and incredible, because /pol/ is as knee-jerk as it gets
>>
>>3291752
/vr/ had the "motley collection of humourless gits" award even in 2013. In 2014, that's when the sarcasm detectors broke and /v/ would drop in for drive-by trolling. Now everyone just assumes anything remotely humorous is trolling/baiting/shilling, and it's gone from laughable to outright pitiable.

/vr/'s tan shouldn't even be Trevor anymore, it should just be /v/ with wrinkles.
>>
This and any decent beat em up
>>
File: Batman_(NES_game).jpg (16 KB, 230x379) Image search: [Google]
Batman_(NES_game).jpg
16 KB, 230x379
Right here. That buttery-smooth wall jumping is always so satisfying to me.
>>
>>3291730
so now "my peenus weenus" and "your mom" are examples of great, sarcastic humor? I don't mind a laugh, but c'mon, at least try harder.
>>
>>3291730

Extreme autism.

Seriously, I love this board, but the amount of people who get butthurt about the dumbest shit here is just insane.

At this point I can't tell if it's just post-ironic shitposting, ironic shitposting, or just regular shitposting.
>>
>>3291932
>complaining about post quality on 4chan

it's always been shit

just accept it for what it is
>>
F Zero X. Staring at the horizon, in a trance as the road unfurls honey-like in front of your eyes - as you apply the smallest pressure to the stick to keep the perfect racing line.
>>
File: 14625front-12720[1].jpg (53 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
14625front-12720[1].jpg
53 KB, 640x449
is there a platformer that exists with tighter controls?
>>
File: pa_014.jpg (132 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
pa_014.jpg
132 KB, 480x640
>>3291730
>>3291752
>>3291760
>>3291939
>>3291952
It's as if your point of reference for good discussion is /v/ or /pol/

I'm not saying >>3291668 is any better for acting so high and mighty about post quality but we should thrive to not be anything like the more cancerous boards by thinking we deserve to be and SHOULD be shit. Good jokes can be made that are actually funny rather than memes spouted in a fashion that are not so intellectually stimulating You can do it if you believe in yourself.

Staying on topic: pix related feels good. But when it comes to insanely slick movement I have to go with Dangun Feveron (on the highest speed setting of course)
>>
>>3291730

>waahh why doesn't /vr/ find my unfunny 12-year old humor hilarious?
>>
>>3292073
Mario World had loose as shit controls.
>>
>>3292089
My point of reference is 2009-2011 era /sp/, which was by far the GOAT board/era on 4chan. Why? Because discussion happened, but nobody got autistic ally bent out of shape when one thread was off topic because all the sports for the day were done. It had a sports bar vibe to it.

Nowadays /sp/ is shit because over-moderation turned it into nothing but generals. If you want generals instead of organic discussions, you may as well go to reddit.

/vr/ has always gotten their anus clenched when A SINGLE POST of banter was made.
>>
File: 1432485560700.gif (9 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
1432485560700.gif
9 KB, 256x224
>>3292117
Well, one post isn't the entirety of /vr/.
>>
You know it bitch nigga
>>
>>3292073
Its own sequel on the same system, for one.
>>
>>3291730
because /vr/ is filled with literal sexual frustrated autists
>>
>>3291570
X2, air dash, better wall dash controls, great ugrades.

And then Capcom realized that it was too good and put crappy upgrades in X3 then made it all sluggish shit with X4 and beyond.
>>
>>3291664
Literally this.
>>
File: SMWspin.gif (313 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
SMWspin.gif
313 KB, 500x368
>>3292073

I don't think so, the skill ceiling is high, there's a lot of cool shit you can do just with the controls alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWgvPSkgMzY
>>
>>3295040
X2 is really the apex of the X series.
On traditional Megaman, 3 is the sweets pot for me. The introduction of the slide and the level design feels so right.
>>
>>3292117
>/vr/ has always gotten their anus clenched when A SINGLE POST of banter was made.
We came from /v/, which was overrun and completely destroyed in the name of "banter". We wanted nothing to do with /v/ period. Hence why no one wanted /v/-style posting or meme threads, and why the board was completely devoid of shit like waifu threads in the early days.

On the subject of the thread, SMB3 on NES(not the fucking All Stars remake) and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on the PS1 are my picks. Both have perfect controls to the point where you know you screwed up if you fail something.
>>
>>3295694
>tool assisted shit
>impressive

you can do crazy stuff like that in any game if you do a TAS.
>>
>>3294809
>sexual
They gotta be social compatible, sexual irresistible
>>
I've been playing railroad tycoon for two three(maybe one) hours, my head hurts.
>>
>>3295921
*railroad tycoon 2
>>
Super mario world
>>
Half Life 1 for me
maybe Burnout 3 in some way
>>
>>3291570

It doesnt get any better than this

https://youtu.be/etLUjXpgJp0
>>
File: smwbg2.gif (723 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
smwbg2.gif
723 KB, 250x219
>>3295902

It's not TAS. Watch the end of the video, there's a lot of bloopers the guy included while trying to execute that shit.

You can tell that's not TAS though, it's impressive, but it's not kaizo-level shit, you can actually do that if you get good enough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5eP-L7M_c

lots of fun, if you can make it past the journey part. Could do it easy as a kid, no luck as an adult.
>>
>>3295902
Tool assisted my arse. It's not even that impressive. He's just throwing shells up. He even gets hit once or twice. Some tool assistance that must be...
>>
>>3296004
>He's just throwing shells up

The juggling he's able to pull off is impressive, doesn't look like it, but it's not easy to do it.
>>
Ghost in the Shell for the PSX. One of the few early 3D games that actually had good controls.
>>
>>3295694
I like how objects thrown upward will conserve Mario's horizontal momentum. It's the little things that make this game great.
>>
>>3291747
>>3292090
These. Nobody gives a fuck about your lolsofunny jokes and memes, you have several sites for that, this isn't one of them.
>>
>>3292073
If SM64 is the Melee of 3D platformers, World is the Melee of 2D platformers.
>>
>>3291570
Why aren't you using the ice beam on Spark Mandrill?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.